my world ► kawhi leonard

As of now I'm doing all my shots in random order. I know that's unfair to some of the people who commented earlier but I feel it's best so the one shots could progress more quickly.

Requested by: kayla_kynard23

Kawhi glanced down at his phone, his girlfriend of three years had just sent him a picture of their four year old daughter and Kawhi missed her more than anything. She cried whenever he would leave for long road trips and that broke his heart.

He gulped down trying his best not to break down into tears. 

Tony noticed his friend, looking rather sad. Tony immediately unplugged his earbuds and turned off his phone as he approached Kawhi. They were on a bus heading to Orlando and most of the players were sleeping.

"Kawhi? are you okay?" Tony asked worriedly, as he sat down on the seat beside him. Kawhi tried fighting back the tears but in the end Tony opened his arms to comfort his friend. Kawhi cried, mumbled things under his breathe and blamed himself for not being there in the most important moments in his daughter's life.

"I'm a bad father." Kawhi mumbled to himself, but loud enough for Tony to hear. Tony didn't like to see anyone like this especially Kawhi. Kawhi was always there for everyone else in the good and the bad and nobody ever questioned his authority and maturity.

"No you're not. Look at what you're doing now. You're bringing a roof on top of her head, food on the table and clothes. You're doing it from afar and she might be mad now but you're her father and you'll make it up to her." Tony stated, all the facts were true and even Kawhi admitted it to himself. Basketball was his life, his passion, his love. But his daughter was his blood and the reason he never gave up.

"Thank you. I would've been crying all night if I hadn't heard those words." Kawhi told his teammate, Tony smiled glad that he could resolve this issue.

"I'm here for you Kawhi. I play eighty-two plus games with you. If you ever need anything I'll only be a locker away and a couple steps too on that note." Tony joked, Kawhi nodded his head as he watched Tony go back to his seat.

He called his girlfriend as he waited for her to pickup inspite of the time zones. Thankfully she answered within a few seconds as Kawhi sighed in relief.

"Kayla I booked you and Bree tickets to Orlando and tickets to the game. Maybe we can even go to Disney world? I know this is last minute but please accept." Kawhi pleaded, Kayla took a few seconds to answer but her answer was clear.

"I guess I'll see you in Orlando with Bree. Love you." Kayla stated, as she ended the call going back to sleep.

"Yes!" Kawhi yelled, celebrating his plans. In midst of that action he woke some of his teammates up as they all looked at him annoyed. Tony rolled his eyes as he plugged his earbuds back in.

Orlando international airport
6:57 am

Kawhi headed into the airport with security behind him. He had informed the organization that after the Orlando game it was essential for him to spend a few crucial hours with his family. They all agreed as they understood where he was coming from.

"Is that Kawhi Leonard."

"Oh my god!"

"Kawhi."

People mumbled under their breathes, he waved at the fans as he hoped to find his family soon. He desperately missed them both. Security lead him into baggage claims where it was certain that he would meet up with Kayla and Bree.

It was early in the morning so he figured that Kayla had decided to grab a coffee and a donut for Bree. He sighed frustrated that he couldn't locate his family.

Suddenly he felt a tap on his leg, it was Bree. Kawhi instantly felt joy surrounding him as he hugged his daughter and his girlfriend. Security had made a huge circle around them to give them their own little space. It was more than enough for Kayla and Kawhi as they were happy to be with each other and their daughter.

"I missed you both." Kawhi told his girls, as he each gave them a kiss. Bree giggled as Kawhi slobbered a kiss on her cheek.

He wrapped his arms around Kayla and connected his lips with hers. Finally, Kawhi felt at home again. With his daughter and girlfriend in hand. Security followed them into the limo that the Spurs organization provided for them.

"Dada can I sit on your lap?" Bree asked her father, as they were all sitting in the limo with a security guard in the back observing this moment and the importance of family. Kawhi nodded his head as Bree landed on his lap. Kayla filmed this moment, so when they went back to San Antonio she could show this to Bree to remind her how much her daddy loves her.

"I love you." Kawhi told his daughter, as he began to tickle her. Bree fought back as she tickled her dad as well but Kawhi scooped her up in his hands and gave her many kisses on her cheek.

Kayla watched in amusement, "come here baby. I missed you too."Kawhi ordered, as he made room for him next to him. Kayla budged in as she sat next to her boyfriend as they both watched their daughter in amazement because they couldn't believe the beautiful girl they created together.

Spurs at Magic

Bree cheered as her father made another spectacular play on both ends of the floor. He blocked a shot and made a three pointer with a defender in his jersey. 

"Daddy's good!" Kayla cheered, as she kissed her Kawhi jersey. Kawhi pointed over at his girls as he dunked in one of the big men's face. Having his family at the game made Kawhi give all he could while he was on the court. The organization was proud to provide this for the Leonard family, but also for their star player. Now he would be fully relaxed and at ease knowing that his family is safe.

"Magic fall short to the Spurs." The announcer stated, as all the Magic fans exited out the stadium in disappointment. Kayla carried Bree down to the court as they were there to celebrate this win with Kawhi.

"Kawhi we're so proud of you!" Kayla cheered, Bree laughed as she begged for her daddy to carry her. Kayla budged in as she handed Kayla over to her dad.

"I'm so glad that you're here with our daughter. I'm so glad to be with you and to have you in my life and I know my career is hard on you at times and in sorry that I'm away but know that I love you and I'm providing for our family." Kawhi told Kayla, almost lost for words.

"I understand, we understand you don't have to apologize for anything. Now please let's go to Disney world. Bree has been talking about it all morning long." Kayla stated.

"Give me a kiss first?" Kawhi asked, Bree covered her eyes as Kayla and Kawhi kissed in a passionate manner.

"Can we go to Disneyworld?" Bree whined, as she opened her eyes to see her parents full of smiles.