away ► klay thompson

❝true love is when you're far away from each other and no one can take your place

❝true love is when you're far away from each other and no one can take your place.❞

-----

Emma

Juliana nibbled on her carrot as she was unsure the carrot would satisfy her tastebuds. Juliana was really picky, just like her dad, Klay Thompson.  It was hard to get her to eat anything because of it. I heard Julianas cries from the living room as I went to attend her.

My  three year old was gorgeous. I wasn't just saying that because she is my daughter. She had a really infectious smile.

"Mama, where papa?" Juliana asked, as I carried her to the couch where she and Klay would watch Frozen together. Juliana was a huge fan of Frozen, Klay on the other hand not so much. He loved seeing his princess happy so he obliged every time even though the movie annoyed him. 

I touched her cheeks trying to get her to understand, "Papa is with uncle Stephen in Detroit." I told her vaguely.

Lately Juliana had begun to understand her father's profession. She understand that he wasn't a police officer, doctor, or firefighter. She understood that he was a dominant player on the basketball court that many children looked up to.

"Can I wear my jersey tonight?" Juliana asked, her infectious smile showing off again. I quickly nodded my head as she ran up the stairs to her room. I smiled as my phone rang. It was Klay.

"Hey baby, how's it going over there?" he asked.

I smiled, "It's going great. Juliana is trying to find your jersey to watch the game at home."

"I miss my princess. I really do wanna come home and not be locked up in a hotel." He sighed.

"Why are you locked up?" I asked concerned. Hopefully nobody had tried to put any of the boys in danger. 

"A lot of fans. It's hazardous because some of them are really wild. It's not only that but I miss you and Juliana, you girls are everything to me and I'm homesick. I don't know how Stephen does it." Klay replied, with emotion in his voice.

"Babe..." I murmured, "This is your dream. Everything you've ever wanted has been to accomplish your dreams which is basketball. I just want you to be focused and not worry about us."

He sighed, "My dream is already accomplished. I've made it to the NBA. I won a championship. I found a team that I love playing for. All I want now is to have Daniel, Juliana and you happy and in my life." he said referring to our unborn child. I was due in a month.

"Did you get my text?" I stated plainly.

"Emma this is not the—"

"Watch it mister! you won't regret it." I enthused as I heard his chuckle. Being pregnant did not affect how I felt towards other people. I rarely complained and never took my frustration out on people unlike my last pregnancy where I pushed Klay's face down on the toilet because he was forcing me to go to the hospital when my water was breaking.

"Aww, that's my princess." He smiled as I heard him replay the video. I imagined him sitting on the bed  with his legs sprawled up against the cushion. It was a video of Juliana coming out from under the covers with her golden smile.

"That was last night when I was trying to get her to sleep," I muttered, "our baby is so precious"

"We made a beautiful creation Emma. I put my princess above anything else and my queen just as much. I love you and Juliana." He stated.

Juliana ran down the stairs as fast as her legs could take her, "is that papa?" she asked. I nodded my head as I handed her my phone assuming she wanted to speak with him.

"Yes daddy I'm being good." She replied.

I chuckled as I went to wash the remaining dishes we had in our sink. I was really happy that I had a family that loved each other as much as ours and to have found a man who respects me and values my opinion.

I glanced over to some portraits of us just being who we are. Juliana was hiding behind Klay's leg because she didn't like taking pictures, and Klay was holding her close to make sure she wouldn't run off somewhere.

-----

                            requested by: crimsix6