Chapter 12

"Insecure people put others down to raise themselves up"

-Habeeb Akande-

***

Giselle's P.O.V

Humiliating !

That was so humiliating, how could he treat me like that. That damn Angelo, he doesn't know who i am.

I am Giselle Amaranthine, the woman men desire day and night, the ultimate escort, how could he not fall for me again, especially after our relationship bck then.

It must have been because of that woman, Sasha. How could she get him fall for her like that to the point he rejected this perfect body ? What is her secret ?

She looks plain without her makeup on and she has average body type, so how can she ?

I grab my phone to make a call to a private investigator, nicknamed M.K, he probably will find something useful for me.

"Hello ?" I hear his voice from the other line.

"I have a job for you"

***
"

What the hell ! How come you cannot find much !?" I shout at the man in front of me. Even tough he might be dressed like a closet goth, he is like the best private investigator in the whole city.

We decided to meet up on a small coffee shop to avoid attention and i have to disguise myself with commoner's clothing to blend in with all these average looking women.

But then he just told me with a poker face that he couldn't find almost anything except some info that i have known.

how come he has absolutely no clue about Sasha's past or relatives like that.

"I'm sorry, but even after doing searches and following her every movements from time to times, i just can't seem to find anything"

I am seriously on the edge of bursting out right now, how is it even possible for someone to be so secretive like that.

"And why is that ?"

I ask him with rage in my eyes. This man is no joke, he really knows what he is doing and if he says that he couldn't do such a simple job as a backroud check, it must have been for a reason, and he couldn't possibly lie, i paid him a lot of money, more than what he asked for, plus bonus, so there is no reason to lie.

"There are several possibilities, but i have the feeling that in this case, she couldn't be investigated because she is being protected by someone as powerful as Mr Cavier"

I still don't understand

If so, why does Angelo try to hide her identity this far, there is something fishy going on here.

"It seems like he did something on her identity, there are many ways to do so, and one of them is changing her original identity and replace it with a new one, since if so, then Sasha never existed up until now"

What the hell is he talking about ? This is getting pretty confusing, too much that it has twisted my mind in a bad way.

"Urgh, then, what should i do ?" I ask him.

"Sorry, but i am an investigator, not a professional advisor, so i suggest you ask someone else who can handles this matter further" he says as he stands up from his seat.

"Now, where is my payment check ?" He says as he holds out his hand.

With a big groan, i take the check from my purse.

"Here, 50.000 dollars right ?"

I hold out the check on the table, and he takes it within seconds. He observe it for a while before putting it in his pocket.

"What ? I wouldn't cheat the money" i say with annoyance. How dare he suspected me of cheating the money with his flat expression.

"I know, you wouldn't dare"

This is such a rip off. A big rip off, i should have known it's better to do things my own way.

The man smiles in satisfaction as i put on my bitchy face. Hello, i am not in the mood for being nice.

"Ah, i almost forget to tell you one more thing" he says before he leaves.

"It seems like that man is having an affair with Tigress Club Fiancee.

What ? Tigress Club Fiancee ? The man called Nicholas Hither who follows Helena pretty much everywhere like a puppy ?

No Way ! That is new.

Does Angelo know about it ?

If i tell him, maybe i can break those two apart.

Just as i'm about to leave the cafe, a familiar looking man approaches me.

"Can we talk ?"

Author's Note

Hi Readers !

I just want to apologize for the short chapter.

i have been feeling pretty sick and my teeth hurts due to my braces progress which make me unable to concentrate well on writing, but i don't want to keep you guys away for long, so here is the next chapter.

Thank you for staying up until now and being really understanding.

Love,

Celestial X Cross