Chapter 21

"There's something wrong with your character if opportunity controls your loyalty"

-Sean Simmons-

***

Angelo's P.O.V

I have a bad feeling all of a sudden, it's almost as if there is something horribly wrong happening right now.

I keep counting on the clock and unconsciously tapping my fingers on the tables over and over again. I can't seem to focus on my work right now and I know exactly why.

First of all, Natasha is currently having a meal with her ex husband, and it makes me jealous, but it's not just jealousy, I have bad feeling something bad is happening.

Is it the media ?

I swear I have never felt like this before, usually, when something bad is happening, I just simply couldn't sense it, but this, I'm not even sure how to explain it.

I decide that the wisest thing to be done right now is putting things off first and go home, so I get my car's key and drive back home.

On the way, I see a white car that seems familiar, but where have I seen it ?

Never mind that, I finally arrive at home after a pretty long way, and I immediately slam open the door and call out Natasha's name.

"Natasha, I'm home" I say, as I keep on calling her name, however I don't seem to hear any replies, I keep on repeating but all I hear is silence.

I mean, what time is this ? She should be home by now, it's almost evening after all.

My heart starts beating really really fast, I am starting to get real anxious, I don't understand how someone like me can feel this way, it is so out of control, I don't even understand what is happening.

I decide to search around the house, and suddenly John is in front of me. I am slightly startled by his sudden appearance, but then I immediately ask him about Natasha.

"Where is she ? Why isn't she home ?"

He has a slight frown on his face but then he replies with his usual calm face. "I'm unsure of that"

"Did she make any call ?"

He shakes his head.

"Unfortunately, no"

Okay, now this is worrying, she would never go out for this long without making any call, though I've only been with her for a few months, I could already tell her personality, her country girl side that still lies within her makes her unable to do something as reckless as that.

But then something hits my mind.

"Are you sure ?" I ask him with a calmer tone, as I try to catch my breath, because it's not good to panic, I need to think rationally.

"Yes" he replies without any hesitation.

Then, right now, there is only one person to be blamed.

"Nicholas Hither" I murmur, as I immediately run out from the house and get in my car.

"Sir, where are you going ?" John asks me with a worried look on his face.