Chapter 22

"Men have to do some awfully mean things to keep up their respectability"

-George Bernard Shaw-

***

Natasha's P.O.V

When someone has gone totally insane, they will do crazy things to achieve that goal, and unfortunately this man beside me right now is that crazy man.

We have been driving to the airport and he sets on some of old country music on the radio, and the only thing I can think of right now is how to get away from him as soon as possible.

"I swear, I don't understand why you would even do this" I say in a venomous tone.

"That's pretty obvious, isn't it ?" He let go a smirk which makes me want to punch him so bad right now. But violence won't solve anything, worse, it can cause an accident, so I just sit down as I stare outside, trying to avoid looking at him.

He already had the wealth and fame that he wanted, so I honestly don't understand the logic behind trying to bring me back into his life.

Hence, it was him who left me in the first place, so his current action just simply doesn't make any sense at all.

After what seems like a long period of time, we finally arrive at the airport, I am forced to get out from the car and my belongings which where brought to him by John are picked from the garage.

He literally just get in, buy two tickets, and after taking care of all sorts of documents, we are waiting in the waiting area.

As we were waiting, I see two men which seems like bodyguards or something, but I keep my mouth shut still, and wait for the perfect opportunity to escape.

And the one in a lifetime chance finally comes.

"I need to go to the toilet, you better wait here and stay still"

He stands up from his seat and look at me.

"And don't even think of escaping because that will be no good"

And just like that, he left me.

I take that opportunity as fast as possible, when I slam open the waiting room door and run away to the front area, though the airport is pretty big, I try to not get lost because that would do me no good.

I try to avoid the people's stares as I keep on running and running.

Since my phone isn't here, I cannot call Angelo to tell him about my situation, but there is one thing I can do.

When I am about to grab my bag to get my wallet, I feel two strong arms holding me from the back.

"Where do you think you are going, princess ?" Damn it, before I realize it, Nicholas has somehow caught up, like how is that even possible ? I made sure that he was gone from the sight when I ran, and I have run pretty far from the waiting area so for him to even know where I am is just ridiculous.

"Let me go !" I say as I try to free my arms from his grips, people are staring and from afar we could hear steps from the security guards.

"Don't get both of us in trouble, you don't want to go back home with no hair, do you ?"

This guy !?

He is planning to damage my hair ? That is just crazy ! He knows I love my hair, even from before, it is the only thing I see as beautiful from me before I came here.

I swear, if Angelo ever find me, I will put this man in a place where he deserves to be in.

"Now let's go back to the waiting room, we don't want to miss the flight"

Just as he's about to drag me back to the waiting room, the two men from earlier ran toward our way and lock our position.

One of the man holds out his phone and calls someone, but then I suddenly realize, that this man is one of Angelo's men. Does that mean I am saved ?

But then suddenly I feel something cold and sharp on my neck, I don't even have to look at it to know what it is.

It's a knife.

I don't even know how he managed to get it, it's an airport and those things are supposed to get confiscated and the owner could even get in trouble, but this man, I don't even know what he is planning and how he is planning to do it.

But this is crazy, and it makes me feel scared.

Is he planning on killing me right now ?

Just as I try to keep my breathing stable, I hear more footsteps coming our way, and I see two recognizable figures coming our way.

One is the CEO of Tigress' club, Helena Terence.

The other one is the figure I have been wanting to meet since the beginning of this crazy thing.

Angelo Cavier.

I can see look of relief on his eyes, but it doesn't last that long when he finally sees the whole situation, his eyes are staring at my eyes and my neck repeatedly, before he spoke up.

"What the hell are you thinking, you bastard ?" He says half shouting, trying to not drag any more attention, which is not a problem right now because there isn't a lot of people here, since we are on a more secluded part of the airport.

"If I can't have her, no one can"

Helena who has been looking at him with an unbelievable expression finally speaks up.

"Have you lost your mind, Nicholas, What are you doing ?"

"Sorry Helena, but when she came back to my life as Sasha, I realized I fell in love with her, when I found out she is actually Natasha, I knew right away I have done a mistake, that's why right now, I am trying to make things up"

Make things up ? Don't make me laugh, what he is doing right now is a crime, and it puts my life in danger.

"I have had enough !" I say.

"Nicholas, let me go right now, or-"

Before I can finish my words, I hear the knife drops to the ground, and it lands right beside my foot.

I turn around and see the familiar figure called Dean, who has been dragging Nicholas' body and slam it to the ground.

"Well, look who is this"