Chapter 24

"A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth"

-Aesop-

***

Natasha's P.O.V

Well, look who it is.

The two faced man of worth, so pitiful

"Welcome home, Sir, and, Miss" he puts on that smiles that I see with disgust now, I wonder, how is he even able to keep up with that act, gosh, it's totally disgusting.

"Cut the act" my tone is getting lower, I half whisper, but it's loud enough for both John and Angelo to hear.

"What do you mean, miss ?"

"I say cut the damn act, you traitor !" I snap and screams.

"Do you know what you did ? I cannot believe you just did that ! How dare you giving me off to Nicholas despite knowing what he would do to me, I almost freakin die for goodness' sake, and you can still smile ? You have no shame !"

I feel Angelo putting his hand on my shoulder as he tries to rub my back to calm me down.

"Please stay calm, love"

I give Angelo a shot look, how does he expect me to remain calm ?

Now let's see what he will do now.

"John, I never thought you would do something as low as that, I trusted you as my best friend as well, and I asked you to look out for her while I am away, but how could you do that ? What is your reason ?"

I immediately cut off before John can reply.

"Why do I, no, why do we need to listen to him ? He was definitely guilty" I point my finger at him, in a really rude way, but right now, being a lady is not my main priority.

I look at John as his face darkens, here goes his true nature. He sigh, and bursts out in a chuckle, and end up laughing.

"Well, yes, I did that, I helped that foolish man Nicholas and gave out Natasha's passport to him, and I was the one spreading the issue on the media, and I was the one provoking Giselle and she used her power to bring you both bad name in the public, yes, I was the man behind it all"

I should have known.

"Why the heck would you do that !? You know very well how much I love Natasha, and you are trying to separate us !?"

"There is no more reason to talk, he is a traitor, and that's that"

"I seriously want to fire you right now, but before that, I have one more question" Angelo says as tries to catch up with his breath.

"What is your motive ? Your intentions,
What will you gain from doing this ?"

John let out a sigh, and stare at me. His stare is that of a pity, why is he looking at me like that ?

"Because I'm in love with missy"

***

Silence fills the room for a brief moment. No one speaks a word, before I reply with dropped jaw.