1

Every college student is probably out with their college lover, or probably going out to clubs, dressed in short skirts and revealing dresses.

I flip through another page of the book infront of me, practically begging for some miracle to happen. My friends have other friend groups and have probably forgotten all about me. I sighed and flip another page, not even looking a word at the previous page.

As I turn to more pages, the door flew open.

"Hana-ya, we're going for dinner with your Aunt Kim at seven sharp! Don't be late. I'll go get your dad." Mom said with excitement, then immediately closed the door.

"Not even a knock or a greeting?" I shouted so she could hear me from across the room.

I smiled widely, it was finally happening, something that I have been looking forward to! I stood up and ran to my wardrobe to look for an appropriate outfit to wear for the night. Even though I wanted to be in my most comfortable outfit, a sweater with my favorite pair of light washed jeans, I can't not just dress up. Maybe just a little. I took out a white blouse and wore a baby pink cardigan over it, pairing it with a black skirt that reached below my knees.

I put on some concealer and a coral color blush, adding a wine coloured lipstick to finish off my look for the night.

"Lets go!"

-

We arrive at mom and Aunt Kim's favorite luxurious dining place, a restaurant that serves korean food. Mom and Aunt Kim enjoyed their menu here so we've been having dinner here together ever since. It has been awhile since we've had dinner in this restaurant and it has definitely been forever since we've been together with Aunt Kim and her family.

"Kim Seon-ah!" Aunt Kim calls my mom, walking towards us and gave my mom a big hug.

"It's been awhile! Why haven't you called and asked how am I doing?"

"Omo Hana-ya! You look more gorgeous every time we see each other." She hugs me tightly. I hug her back, the familiar sweet floral scent of her perfume. I love it.

"Gomawo-yo, Aunt Kim. You look younger every time we meet." I smile and she laughs loudly at my comment.

All of us walk in the restaurant and sit at our booked seats. Uncle Kim, Aunt Kim's husband came in and greet us, approaching dad to shake his hand.

But where is he? I looked at door but no one else came after Uncle Kim. I sighed again, is he not coming?

"Looking for me?" I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to see him, just right next to my face.

Oh, here we go again.

My heart fluttering and my whole face heating up. I hold in my excitement.

"Oh, Mingyu-ya. You're here."

He chuckled, patting my head. Mingyu stood up to greet my parents, my mom as usual gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. Of course, my parents adore him.

One word, Perfect.

Fresh kimchi and other side dishes were served right after we ordered our food. Mom and Aunt Kim were in their own world, dad and Uncle Kim were endorsed in their talks about business, leaving me and Mingyu having to converse, as always.

My favorite part of the night.

"So, how have you been? Good?" He starts the conversation, munching on a slice of radish.