2

"Joh-eun achim ibnida, appa." I greeted my dad with a smile and sat down at my usual seat.

"Good morning, dear." Dad replied as he flips over the newspaper he's been reading.

"Had a good night's sleep?" Mom asked from the other side of the kitchen, standing infront of stove.

"Hana-ya, can you grab these and bring it to the table?"

"Nae, eomma." I ran to her and picked up a plate of fresh and warmly made pancakes. My favorite breakfast! I poured orange juice in three tall glasses for the three of us.

"We're going to see your Aunt Kim a lot now. She's kept bugging me to help Mingyu with the wedding. Though I'm pretty sure she's overdoing it." Mom said, perfectly flipping a pancake.

I can't believe I'm about to help the person that I am in love with his wedding. How miserable.

"We're going to help your Aunt to set up the dates, and prepare everything for his wedding." Mom said, placing another batch of pancakes on the table.

"Why are they rushing the wedding? I mean, not that it's a bad thing." I smiled, trying not to show my true emotions. Which I am not so good at.

I should've just threw away my pride and told Mingyu everything five years ago, but it's too late for that now.

I wanted to wait until I graduate high school to tell him everything. When we're a bit older, maybe he would see me as a woman instead of his little sister.

"Oh, Aunt Kim just texted. She said we're going to meet up with her!"

"Her?"

"His girl! Mingyu's fiancée."

His girl?

Mingyu and I relied on each other a lot, in fact too much when we were younger. We do not have any siblings, we only have each other. Our moms would see each other ever so often and it would just be the two of us, reading comic books, buying iced chocolate at cafes together, going to stalls to eat tteokbokki, talking about school and doing almost everything together despite being in different grades and class. I would be in my junior year and he would already be a senior of two years.

Of course he sees me as his little sister, but I couldn't help be feel something more for him.

-

"Yah, Kim Hana. Where did you buy that head band? It looks so ugly!" They laughed. These damn bullies, can they just mind their own business? Maybe they should go and buy some extra fabric, their skirts are too short.

"I–"

"I bought it for her, what's wrong with it?" Mingyu interrupted, approaching me.

And yes, that was a total lie. It was my own choice and money to purchase the headband. Looking back at it now after five years, I agree.

"Omo, Mingyu Sunbae. Do you know her?"

"Better than anyone in the world. I don't want to see you near her anymore, got it?" He put his arms around my shoulder and pulled me closer. A smile crept my lips and I stuck my tongue out at her.