7

Kim Hana

"Where are we going?" I asked Mingyu who's driving to a different direction instead to my place.

"I don't know, getting ice cream or beer or whatever." He simply said and I nodded slowly. I could tell by his face that he is in a bad one. The obvious reason: Shin Yoon's departure.

"Kaja." He said once he parked his car, kinda giving me the cold shoulders. Is he really letting it out on me right now?

I heaved a sigh and went out from the car. He was by my side but didn't say anything. It was just silence, this time, a super awkward one until we arrived at the ice cream parlor.

"Two sundaes, please." Mingyu told the ice cream server and I just remained silent, standing infront of the ice cream stall. Mingyu didn't even asked me what flavour I'd like. I wanted a strawberry chocolate ice cream but he didn't even dare to ask.

"Mingyu..." I softly called his name and he stared at me, not saying anything.

"Mingyu, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just wait for the ice cream." He said with a blank expression and I was quite taken aback with his cold tone.

"Mingyu, what's wrong? Did I do something? Are you sad because of Eonni's d–"

"Can you just... be quiet and wait for your ice cream?" He said, controlling the tone of his voice.

Ah, here it goes. The water works.

A tear fell from my eye and I just nodded, grabbed my bag and left from his sight. This arrogant boy. Why do I even like you and get hurt by you, you don't even care about me.

I left the place, earning a few glares from some customers. I went straight to the girl's toilet and cried my heart out. I'm so pissed off with his attitude right now. I understand that he loves her, he's disappointed at her sudden news that she'll be leaving, does he have to vent it out on me, though?

I'm already pissed at the fact my crush of five years is getting married and I'll never get to tell him how I feel, and he's adding fuel to the fire by hurting me even more.

"Stupid, Mingyu." I mumbled as I stared at myself in the mirror.

"Kim Hana, pull yourself together." I whispered to myself, taking deep breaths. I went out from the toilet and went to take a taxi home.

"Oh, Hana-ya. I though Mingyu was supposed to send you back home?" Mom opened the door and I smiled weakly at her.

"Gwenchana? Where's Mingyu?" She asked.
Mingyu's being weird, umma. I'm suppose to support him and help him go through his weird phase but I ended up getting mad at him too. Well, he actually deserves that too. I think.

-

New semester starts tomorrow. One more semester to go to get this degree!

I prepped all the essentials for tomorrow, summer holiday is finally over. All I did was read five novels, watched ten korean dramas and spent time knowing my crush is getting married and he is now acting cold at me for only God knows the reason why. So much for summer break.

I threw myself to bed and dialled Seungcheol's number. What could he be doing now? I'm so bored.

"O-oh, yeobuseyo? Eomma?" He answered, yawning.