17. There's A First For Everything...Even Murder?

I feel something so right
By doing the wrong thing
And I feel something so wrong
By doing the right thing
I could lie, could lie, could lie
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive....~ Counting Stars By One Republic
************************************************************************************************

~SKY'S P.O.V~

My mom gave me a strange look. "Then where did you go, sweetie?" I take a deep breathe and let it out slowly. "I went to see someone." My mom stops and looks at me. "Who?" I pull up a chair and sit in front of my mom. "Before you tell dad. I should remind you that you were my age too." My mom narrowed her eyes. "Tell me now Angelica." Oh fuck better get to it.

"I...I... Well here's the thing...Z...Zayn is here." My mom frowned. "Zayn is here? Why would he be here?" I bite the corner of my lip. "Because he wanted to be with me...." I hear my mom tsk. "I knew he loved you. But I didn't know he loved you to the point to move here." Mom you just don't know the half of it.

"Yeah, he moved here and I went to see him. I know I lied to you and dad and I'm really sorry. I sho-" My mom raised her hand. "Though you should be grounded for lying to us. I understand. One because you love him and two, you wanted to be with him." My mom seems to look off into the distance.

"I remember the first day I met your father. The funny thing is if you let your father tell the story, he'd say I didn't give him the time of day until this big art project. But I had the biggest crush on him ever since freshmen year in high school. The thing was, a lot of rumors went around that your dad was in a very dangerous gang. Called the cold blooded. Now you know how it is. Everyone tells you to stay away from the bad guy. Even my parents said that if I talked to your father that they would ground me till I graduate. But it was something about the way your fathers eyes seem to hold some innocence...."

I look at my mom and notice she had a twinkle in her eye. "...The day we had that project for art. I thought great. I can actually get to know him, and I did. Everyday I had to go to his house and draw him. He would teach me the tricks and soon, I fell in love with him. Don't tell your father I told you this but I found out he was in the gang when some guys had came over and yanked him out of the chair. That was the first and last time I ever seen your father look helpless...."

Dad? Look helpless? What?

"...He was distant with me. Your grandpa would try to send me away. So I wouldn't be near your dad. I was tempted to leave and try to have fun. But my heart was still attached to your dad. I would lie to my parents just to go see him and try to get him to open up to me..."

I feel a deeper connection with my mom. She was like me once. A teenager in love. And her parents weren't going to keep her away from dad.

"...He did eventually. And that's when we had talked later that night about our dreams. He told me he wanted to be an artist. He wanted to get out of his life style. He even told me that he wanted to start a family with me." Mom had looked up at me and stroked my cheek. "Soon after we had you. Our little miracle."

I give a small smile. "So, you're not mad at me?" She shook her head. "No, but don't make it a habit Skyler. And I won't question where Miranda was today either. This is your pass for now." I hug her. "Thanks mom." As I begin to walk out my mom clears her throat. "Since he's new here, I think the proper thing would be to invite him over for dinner tomorrow." I freeze at the door.

"A..a..are you sure about that mom?" I turn around and see my mom working again. "Yes, honey. It would be polite to have him for dinner." Why did I have to have a well mannered mom? "Okay...I'll tell him about dinner tomorrow." I leave the room and go to mine. What will dad think about Zayn being there? What about Miranda? Stick a fork in me. Cause I'm done for...

I was due for school the next day. But I wasn't worried about that. Nah, I was worried about Zayn coming over for dinner. I shouldn't be because he had came to dinner on my birthday. But then again this time he's just coming. Miranda knows what he did and I'm sure she's going to blab it off to my parents the second she sees Zayn.

I managed to get the car for the day as I drove Miranda and I to school. "Can you believe Halloween is coming up? I mean lets be honest. Last years Halloween party was pretty lame." Miranda says as she fixes her mascara in the mirror. "Yeah..." I mutter as I park in the student parking lot.

Man I still haven't returned any of Zayn's texts. He's probably pissed but I need to figure this out. "Please tell me you haven't spoken to Zayn?" Miranda asks. "No..." I get out of the car quickly and look up at the sky. "Looks like it's gonna rain."

We walk in the school and I see a few people staring at me. "Hey! Aren't you the girl from world star? Can I have your autograph?" I hear someone shout. I keep walking forward. With my head held high. I should have just stayed home...

~ZAYN'S P.O.V~

She hasn't texted me back or returned any of my phone calls. She knows I don like that. I start to leave another voicemail on her phone but stop. "No, I'll go and ask her why she's ignoring me." My mind goes to that asshole Sky was with Saturday night. If I catch her with that fucking prick...keep calm. Maybe she has a logical explanation about why she's ignoring me? I grab my keys and head out the door.

"Looks like it's going to rain. Hope it's not a thunderstorm." I remember how Sky is afraid of them. If I remember correctly I think she said her school name was Maloney? I program that into my gps and see the location. I put the car in reverse and back out of the driveway just as I see the rain start to fall. Guess I'll make it quick.

I drove carefully in the rain as I follow the directions to her school. About a half an hour later I make it in front of the school and park. I run out of the car and get inside of the school. The first thing I see is a big logo of a spartan. I look around an see a woman at a desk in the hall. "Excuse me, might I ask where's the main office?" She gave me a glance then did a doubt take.

"Your...you're Zayn from one direction. My daughter adores you. Can I ask if you can give me an autograph?" I smile at her. Might as well do this. "Sure, what can I sign?" She looks around and picks up a detention slip. "You can sign this. Trust me I won't need it." I chuckle and sign it. "And what's your daughters name?"

"Susan." I catch a glimpse of the woman's name tag and hold back a laugh. It had read Susan. I had wrote to Susan love Zayn x. "Thank you so much. I'm sure she'll love it. Now the main office is down the hall the first room on the left." I nod and begin to walk away but I stop. "Would you happen to know which class room Skyler Prince maybe in?"

"Oh, I'm not sure. We're in second period. The principal wanted me to keep an eye on her because she just came back to school today..." I already knew about her suspension on Sunday. "...She's probably in gym." I nod and walk down to the main office. I go inside and thankfully I don't hear people gasping when they see me. I go up to the desk and smile at the secretary. "How may I help you?"

"Um, yes. I'm here to take Skyler Prince to her doctors appointment. Her parents would have came but something urgent came up." She looked up at me and checked a list. "And your name is?" I had to come up with on quick. "Javadd Malik."

She tsked. "You're not on her list. I'm sorry honey I can't let her go." I keep calm. "Thank you miss." I walk out of the office and hear laughter down the hall. "No lie, Sky you slapped that girl so hard with that tray I swear her whole family felt it." I follow the voices and there I see her with some other girls. "She was pushing my buttons." I hear Skyler say.

I walk up behind her and put my finger to my lips so the other girls done give me away. I try my best American accent. "Skyler Prince, I believe you need to go to the office." She freezes and slowly turns around. "I...I d...d...didn't do a...a..anything-Zayn what the hell?"

I smile at her and give her a kiss on the lips. "Why are you avoiding me?" She backs up and looks at the girls. "Oh, no don't mind us. But Zayn can I get a photo?" I really don't feel in the mood for this. "Don't move. Or else you and I will be going to the girls room." Her eyes then widen...

~SKY'S P.O.V~

"Don't move. Or else you and I will be going to the girls room." He whispered in my ear. I back up an feel my eyes widen. He wouldn't! He glares at me for a second then smiles at the girls. Nope. I know that face. That face says don't fuck with me Sky. Trust me I won't. As he takes pictures with the girls I stand there feeling nervous. How did he get to my school? Better yet why is he here?

When he was done I was slowly following the girls towards the gym. Zayn had stopped me with his arm. "Lets go play hookie." I shook my head. "I can't. I just got back from suspension." Zayn gave me an emotionless stare as he stroked my cheek. "Let me worry about that. Just come with me. I have something for you at my house."

Don't go...

"I really can't." He looked into my eyes. "Skyler, you've been ignoring me. I don't like it. I need you, babe. I want you." He pressed up against me. "Please, Sky." He kissed me gently. "Come with me." He whispered against my lips.

This time he smelled like cinnamon and apples. "Fine, but being me back here by 2:00." He smiled and took my hand. As we walk out I feel the cold air against my legs. I really should have changed into my regular clothes.

Zayn had used his jacket to cover me as we walked to his car. He opened the door for me and I leaned over and unlocked the door for him. "What's at the house?" I ask as he drives away from the school. "It's a surprise." What is he planning?

Thunder claps and I jump a little. "Don't worry, Sky. I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you." He holds my hand and continues to drive to his place. "So...I told my mom about us." I say casually. "Really? What did she say?"

"She understands. And she wants you to come over for dinner tonight..." He nods and drives into his drive way. "What time should I come over?" I give him a side glance. "Actually I was hoping you didn't come."

"Oh I'm coming. It would be the right thing to do. I don't want to sneak around with you." He parks his car in his garage and turns to me. "What time should I come over?" I really don't want him to come and Miranda spills the beans about him hitting me. "Zayn-"

"What time, Skyler?" I sigh. "Miranda knows what you had done. I don't want her to ruin dinner." He gets a cold smile on his face. The smile didn't reach his eyes. "Let me give it to you crystal clear. Don't go and tell Miranda what we do. We are in a relationship together. Not you, me and Miranda. So keep your mouth shut." He gets out of the car and slams the door. Thunder sounds and I scramble out of the car.

I follow him up the stairs to the door and walk in behind him. I see Lola sleeping in her doggy bed and I hear Zayn clear his throat. I look up and see him holding some dry clothes for me. "I figure you'd want to wear something less wet." I nod and take the clothes. "Thanks." I head to his bathroom and go change.

When I come back out I grab one of his towels and wrap my hair up. "So, Zayn what's the surprise?" I come out and don't see Zayn anywhere. "Come in the kitchen, babe." I hear him call out. I walk over to the kitchen and see Zayn with two big pumpkins.