Chapter Two.

I walked outside and looked around. What a beautiful day to live in the Kalos region. The sky's blue, the birds are chirping. Absolutely beautiful. I walked away from my home and through Route 1. I don't really understand why it's called "Route 1" and why these two towns are considered separate. I mean, really! They're a few meters apart, what was the point of that route!? Sigh. Anyways. As I walked into Aquacorde Town, heads turned towards me. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. As I got to the bridge, a hiker stopped me. 

"Excuse me, but do you mind if I ask what you're doing?" He asked. 

"I'm on my way to becoming a Pokemon trainer!" I replied with pride. The fat man chuckled. 

"Surely you must be joking." The hiker said.

"Oh I'm dead serious. And my name's not Shirley, it's Chastity." I said, glaring at him. 

"You, a Gardevoir, a Pokemon Trainer?" He said as he began to laugh. 

"Does my goal amuse you, sir?" I asked, crossing my arms. 

"Oh no oh no oh no. It does far more than amuse me." He said. 

"Why's that?" I asked. 

"Well. Let's ask the town why this amuses me so." He said. He then cupped his hands around his mouth.  "HEY EVERYONE! THIS GARDEVOIR'S GOING TO BE A POKEMON TRAINER!" he yelled. The town erupted with laughter. I growled and shoved him out of my way. He fell to the ground as I ran through the tall grass and into Santalune Forest. Whose he to judge me? I can be a Pokemon trainer if I want! Hell, I'll be the damn Champion! I ran through the forest as fast as I could. None of the trainers tried to battle me and no Pokemon appeared. I can't imagine why though. I made my way through the forest, past Route 3 and into Santalune City. I sighed and walked into the Pokemon Center. Nurse Joy looked up from her phone and stared at me with an extremely confused look on her face.

"Excuse me? But where's your trainer?" She asked. 

"I'm on my own right now. In fact, I'm on my way to Lumiose City to get myself a starter Pokemon." I said, sitting down on one of the stools. Joy giggled. 

"Really? You, a Pokemon, are going to go get yourself a Pokemon to train and battle with?" She asked. 

"Yes." I replied. "I plan on overthrowing the champion." 

"Wow. That's quite the dream, miss." She said. "Well, I can only wish the best of luck to you. And also, here's a bit of advice. Never let what anyone says get to you. I honestly think it would be amazing to see a Pokemon become Champion." I smiled. 

"You know, you're the only person I've come across so far to say anything like that. Everyone else just laughs at me." I said with a sigh.

"Don't worry dear. I'm sure you'll get through this." She said, smiling at me. I smiled back and stood up. 

"Well, I have to get going." I said.

"Good luck dear. I hope you pull through alright." Joy said cheerfully. I nodded. 

"Thank you." I said, walking out of the Pokemon center. I walked through Santalune City and walked up to the exit where the reporter lady stopped me. 

"Woah. Where are you going?" She asked. 

"To get my first starter Pokemon. I don't have time for this, move." I said. She stared at me.

"What?" She asked. I rolled my eyes and just walked past her. "H-Hey!" 

"I'll come back later." I said, walking through Route 4. The flowers waved in the breeze and their scent filled the air. None of the trainers bothered me, unsurprisingly, and I walked straight through into Lumiose City. Sky scrapers towered over me and people sprint walked aimlessly down the sidewalks. I walked into the Pokemon lab and walked into the elevator. I had the option of going to the second or third floor. I selected the 3 and the elevator brought me up to his office. I exited the elevator and walked around the corner, knocking on the wall. The Proffesor looked up from his desk. 

"Ohon. Why hello there. What can I do for you?" He asked with that thick accent of his. 

"I came to get a starter Pokemon." I replied. He chuckled with an "ohn hon hon hon" 

"You cannot be serious, madame. You're just a Gardevoir." He said. 

"I'm serious. My name is Chastity." I said, walking over to him. "And I'd like to be a Pokemon trainer." He shrugged.

"Well, I suppose this could be interesting." He said, pulling a bag out from under his desk. "Now, choose your Pokemon." He said, placing three Pokeballs on the desk. I picked up the one in the center.

"I choose Fennekin." I said. He nodded. 

"Ok then. Would you like to give her a name?" He asked. I looked into the ball and thought hard. 

"Hope." I said. He cocked an eyebrow.

"Hope?" He asked. "Are you sure?" I nodded.

"Positive." I said with a smile. 

"Ok then." He said. He held out the Kalos Pokedex. "Here is your Pokedex." I took it from him, smiling.

"Thank you." I said, putting the dex in my bag.

 "Congratulations mon cheri, you are now a Pokemon trainer."