Chapter Ten.

I walked out of the changing room, making sure to kick the O-Pervert on my way out. Jessica and Hope were sitting on the table, discussing how big they would build their sandcastle. I looked over to Joy, who was leaning against the counter playing some sort of game on her phone. 

"Yes. Pikachu." She muttered. I cocked an eyebrow and walked over to her. 

"What are you playing, Joy?" I asked. She looked up from her phone and smiled at me. 

"It's called Pokemon GO. It's really fun. It's basically like being a trainer in real life, but I'm restricted to the pokemon from Kanto and I have a completely different battling system. It's not nearly as fun as actually being a trainer, but I'll take what I can get since I'm stuck here just about 24/7." She explained. "Normally I'd have to walk around to catch anything, but luckily this Pokemon Center is a Poke Stop in game. So I just plant lures on the stop and get free items every 5 minutes or so." I nodded.

"That sounds like fun." I said. 

"It is." She said, looking back down to her phone. "Ooh. There's a Dratini nearby." I walked over to the table and Jessica looked over to me and whistled. 

"Well look at you." She said. "You look pretty." I smiled, looking down at my bikini.

"Thanks Jess." I said. Hope hopped up. 

"Are we ready to go to the beach??" She asked cheerfully. I picked her up.

"Yes Hope." I said as I picked up Jessica. "Let me just get some towels and we'll be ready to go." I walked back over to Nurse Joy. "Hey Joy. Do you happen to have any towels we could borrow?" She reached under the counter and pulled out two towels. One big one and one to lay out on the sand and one so I could dry myself and my Pokemon after we get out of the water. "Thank you Joy." I said as I took them.

"Any time dear. Just set them on the counter when you want to return them." She said, not looking up from her phone. I walked out of the Pokemon Center and walked down to the beach, laying out the towel and setting my bag and other towel onto it as well as setting down Hope and Jess. I reached into my bag and pulled Loli and Angel off of my belt. I threw their balls high into the air and they appeared before me in a flash of bright white. 

"Hope, Loli, this is Angel." I said, gesturing to the clearly peeved off Absol.

"You caught me against my will!" He snapped. 

"Isn't that how being a trainer works most of the time?" I asked, crossing my arms. 

"You didn't even battle me! You just threw a ball at me and held it shut!" Angel yelled. 

"And I got you. Now, ladies and gentlemen. Don't go too far out into the water." I explained.

"Ok." Said Jess, Hope and Loli in sync.

"Are you even listening to me?" Angel asked. 

"Loli, no electric type moves in the water, got that?" I asked, pointing to the small Pikachu. He nodded.

"Are you ignoring me?" Asked Angel.

"And Hope, be careful. Try not to get too much water in your system." I said, looking to the small fire fox. She nodded.

"You are ignoring me, aren't you."

"Ok. Everyone have fun." I said, clapping my hands together. 

"I hate you so much." said Angel. I ruffled Angel's fur.

"Love you too, Angel." I said, walking out into the water. It was cold, but  refreshing. I looked up and saw some Wingull fly overhead. You can never have a beach without some Wingull, no matter what region you're in. I looked over my shoulder towards the shore. Hope and Jessica were already working on building themselves a sandcastle. Loli was splashing around in the waves and Angel was laying on the towel, going through my bag. I wonder what he was going to say before I caught him. Oh well. I waded in deeper until the water was at least up to my waist. Ah yes. The waves attacked my stomach and chest. Chills ran up and down my spine every time a wave hit an untouched spot. I looked down and watched a Remoraid scurry by. I looked over the ocean and noticed a large wave with something, no, someone riding it. Whoever it was looked like they knew exactly what they were doing. I squinted abit, trying to get a better look. I wonder if it's a Pokemon. I wish I knew how to surf. That looks like loads of fun. 

"Twenty bucks says that guy's gonna wipe out." said a voice next to me. 

"Done moping, Mopy Dick?" I asked, looking over to Angel. He smiled and giggled sarcastically. We went back to watching the surfer. 

"Aaaaaaaand wipeout." said Angel as the surfer crashed into the water, getting engulfed by the wave. I chuckled and Angel chuckled along with me. "You owe me a twenty." I scoffed and looked at him, smiling.

"I never agreed to that!" I said. He laughed. 

"Well too bad. I want my money, lady." He said, chuckling. I planted my hands on my hips. 

"That's not fair! You had an unfair advantage over me!" I said. 

"How so?" He asked, raising a brow.

"You're the disaster pokemon! You must've known that was going to happen!" I argued. Angel scoffed.

"Yeah, right miss 'Sees into the future.' " said Angel, glaring at me. 

"That's an urban legend." I said. "I can't see into the future."

"And I can't sense disasters." said Angel. I gave him a confused look.

"Then what was that you were saying when I caught you?" I asked. 

"I like messing with people." he replied. There was a moment of silence between us before we both burst into laughter. 

"Seriously?" I asked, resisting the urge to rub my eyes since my hands were covered in salt water. Angel nodded. 

"Yep." He said. 

"Hey, weren't you two just arguing a few minutes ago?" Jessica asked from behind us. Angel and I looked over at her. "Have you two made up already?"

"Maybe." said Angel. 

"People can have arguments here and there, Jess." I said. 

"I know. Anyways, guys look!" Jessica pointed back to land. Hope and Loli were finishing up the last few details on the sandcastle. It was probably big enough to fit at least Loli in it. 

"Wow. Impressive." I said, crossing my arms. Hope placed a shell on the front of the castle and smiled up at the castle. My smile faded as I noticed a shovel approaching her in the sand. The sand erupted behind her and two big arms made of sand wrapped around Hope. "HOPE!" I yelled, running as fast as I could towards land. I formed a big Shadow Ball in my hands, running faster the closer I got to land. "Get offa her you sentient sandcastle!" I yelled, throwing the ball at the giant pile of sand engulfing my little fox. The ball crashed into the sand and it hissed. I turned to Angel. "Do you know Shadow Claw?" I asked. He nodded. "Alright then, Angel, use Shadow Claw on that sand castle!" I called out, pointing towards the castle. Angel bounded ahead of me, slashing at the sand with ghost like claws. The sand snarled at him and I threw another Shadow Ball at it. It screeched and let go of Hope, sinking back into the sand. We all ran over to Hope who was coughing and shaking the sand off of her. "Hope, are you alright?" I asked, kneeling beside her. Hope nodded.

"Yeah." She said between coughs. "What was that thing?" 

"A ghost ground type from the Alola region called Palossand. I wonder how the hell it got here." I said brushing the sand off of Hope. Angel sat on the towel and Hope leaned against him. Jessica ran up behind me, panting.

"Thanks *gasp* for waiting *gasp* up guys!" She said sarcastically between gasps for air.

"No problem, Jessi." Said Angel, petting Hope. Jessica collapsed onto the the towel beside Angel. When he chuckled at her action, she raised her fist and slammed it down hard onto his tail. He yelped and glared at her. I chuckled. 

"Ok ladies, calm down." I said, picking up Loli. 

"He started it." Jessica's muffled voice came from the towel as she pointed to Angel. 

"I started it?" He asked, glaring at her. 

"Both of you started it." I said, setting down Loli and standing up. "Now come on. Let's try to enjoy the rest of our break, ok?" 

"Whatever you say, lady." Said Angel, laying his head between his front legs. 

"Ok. Good." I said, walking back to the water.