Chapter Three.

"So he just gave you a fenniken and a pokedex, no questions asked?" My trainer asked, petting Hope as she lay on his lap. I nodded. By now I was back at home so I could tell him all about what happened. 

"Yep. He said that this could be interesting." I said, sitting on the couch beside him. Hope purred softly as he pet her. She looked so comfortable on his lap. 

"Here's a question, why did you name her Hope?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow as he looked at me. 

"Because she gives me hope. Hope for a world where a Pokemon can be a trainer just like any human. And she's the first step in that." I replied with a smile. He nodded.

"I see." He said, continuing to pet Hope. "Are all your Pokemon going to have such meaningful names to them or is that going to be just special to Hope?"

"I think it'll just be a Hope thing. Since she's the very first step in all this." I said. 

"I guess that makes sense." He said. He went silent for a bit, getting lost in petting Hope. I watched him stroke her fur over and over until he finally spoke. "Chastity, what are you going to do if and when you become Champion?" I blinked. 

"I...never really thought about it." I replied. He chuckled softly. 

"No one ever does. I sure didn't." He said with a smile. "I just always thought, 'Someday I'll become the Pokemon master of the whole world!'. I never thought about what I would do after I became Pokemon Master. Once you've caught them all and fought them all, there's really nothing left to do with your life. Contests? Been there. Done that. Once you truly achieve your highest dream, there's nothing left to do in life." I cocked an eyebrow. 

"What's this have to do with me?" I asked. He looked me in the eye. 

"All I'm saying is that you shouldn't go too fast. Slow down and enjoy what your doing as opposed to rushing through and achieving your goals too early. Commute with others, explore, try catching all your Pokemon with Premier Balls. Just don't do it all wearing Running Shoes and riding a Mach bike. Don't make the same mistakes I made, kid." He said. He picked up Hope and set her down on my lap. "I'll be right back. I have something for you." He said as he walked out of the room. I watched him leave then looked down to Hope. She had fallen asleep. Her belly was warm and she curled up on my lap. Her ear fur was a little messy and she snored softly in her sleep. I smiled down at her small and adorable figure. This is my Pokemon. This is my friend. This is my companion. This is my hope for a different world. I looked up and he was back. "These are for you." He said, holding out a two boxes. One small and one medium sized box. I took them from him.

"What are they?" I asked. Opening the small box. Inside was what looked to be a watch. 

"Some things from Sinnoh

"Some things from Sinnoh. The one in the small box is a PokeTech. Except I updated it with the latest features. The bigger box is a Fashion Case. It holds a  wide variety of accessories. Knowing you, you should make good use of it." He explained. I smiled and slid on the PokeTech. 

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I said. "I'd hug you but Hope is sleeping and I'd rather not bother her right now." He smiled. 

"No problem, Chastity. I also put in a Phone feature into the PokeTech. It's the same kind as the one from Unova. I updated it as much as I could. PSS, Phone, etc." He said. "So call me whenever." I nodded, putting the bigger box in my bag. "You two should probably stay the night. It's getting dark and you'd be better off starting your journey in the daytime." I nodded. 

"Good idea." I said, gently lifting the sleeping Hope from my lap and standing up. "Well, goodnight then." 

"Night." He said, walking off to his room.