Chapter 8

Meredith P.O.V

My eyes shot open but immediately closed from the blinding light. I groaned at the slow throb in my head and sat up, crying out in pain and falling back down. I screamed in frustration and rolled out of bed. I suddenly took notice that I wasn't in my house. I looked around at the light blue painted walls and the blue and white checkered comforter on the bed and frowned.

What the hell happened? I walked towards the door closest to me and opened it peering inside I saw a small bathroom with a shower and bathtub in it. I limped in and slowly shut the door behind me, careful not to wake whoever lived here up.

I looked at my face and gasped. Fuck. I had a black eye and a slight gash above my left eye and a busted lip. I lifted up my shirt and saw my ribs were bruised to the point of almost being broke. I looked down searching for any other injuries and saw my ankle was swollen and red. Looking in the mirror again I saw my usual brunette hair was in knots hanging down, instead of being in its ponytail.

I slowly brought my arms up, trying to ignore the pain, and pulled my hair up and out of my face. I looked around the bathroom and saw a closet. I limped towards it slowly and opened it. Inside were stacks of towels. I grabbed a dark one and put water on it lifting it up immediately and rubbed it on my face. I felt something wet trickle all down my front.

"Shit," I cursed at my luck and tossed the towel into the sink and turning the water off. I gripped the front of my t-shirt and twisted it to wring the water out. I honestly was in no need to hurry but knowing I was in someone else's house made me try to move quickly.

After I had cleaned my cuts with a towel and water, I opened the door and screamed when I saw a pair of familiar green eyes staring at me.

"Holy fuck don't scare me like that!" I yelled. The boy smirked and handed me a pair of fresh clothes.

"Um, you might want these," he stammered awkwardly, avoiding looking at me. I snatched them and stalked towards the bathroom biting my lip at the pain coming from my right foot. Fucking hell what happened to me.

After changing, I tossed my clothes before exiting and standing before the boy.

"Alright geek, tell me what the hell happened last night," I demanded.

"You know, asking like that won't make me answer your question any faster," he said his smirk never leaving his face. I walked towards him quickly and grabbed the collar of his shirt and heaved him up.

"Wanna say that again, pretty boy?" I asked venom seeping through my voice. Who did this guy think he was talking to me like that?

"You think you're so tough don't you?" he asked anger in his eyes and his smirk wiped off his face.

"I don't think so, I know so," I said my grip never loosening. His hand came up and grabbed mine tightly, ripping it from his shirt and twisting it around. I winced and struggled. What the hell is this?

"Wanna say that again? Even after I basically saved your ass?" he asked chuckling humorously. He let go of my arm shoving me away gently.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked anger coursing through my veins faster than before.

"I don't know why don't you figure that out yourself!" he yelled at me, his eyes blazing. It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks. Oh.

*Flashback*

"You should've listened to that text babe," the man whispered in my ear as I was trapped between him and the brick wall.

"I was actually doing quiet fine ignoring that text, until you came," I sassed as he turned me to face him. I felt a sharp pain in my face and my head whipped to the side.