Chapter 10

Harry P.O.V

I felt my phone slip through my fingers and fall to the floor. Louis stared at me confused as to of what was happening. I opened my mouth to speak, but instantly closed it and rushed to pick up the phone that had fallen to the ground.

"Harry wha-" Louis started but I cut him off by holding up one finger.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly into the phone.

"Oh now, that's no way to talk to your brother now is it?" his evil voice laughed, mocking me.

"Oh, but it is when you're the one who ruined this family," I said venomously wanting to be done talking with him.

"Now Harry, I have just a simple task for you," he said. I could almost see his smirk.

"What?" I snapped. Louis signaled that he was going to go downstairs to get a drink. I nodded at him, not really paying much attention.

"You have six months to get this simple job done, otherwise you can say bye-bye to that lovely family of yours," he chuckled, as if they weren't his family too.

"It's not just my family. Now, what is this 'job' you have for me to do?" I asked, pursing my lips.

"I need you to get Meredith Lynn Camden to trust you, possibly even fall in love with you, only to lead her to me and my best mate," he snapped at me. My eyes widened. No. I couldn't do that. It's just wrong.

"Absolutely not!" I hissed into the phone. "Why would you even ask me that?" I growled, feeling my anger pulsing through my vains.

"Now Harry, I'm afraid you don't have a say in this," he said.

"What do you mean, 'I don't have a say in this'? Of course I fucking do! It's my life, and I can't just do that to a girl!"

"Harry, are you really willing to put the life of your mum and sister on the line?" he asked chuckling evily. I felt my heart drop at the mention of my sister and mum.

"You wouldn't, " I felt anger coursing through my vains.

"Oh but I would,"

"Fine!" I snapped. "I'll do it, but if anything goes wrong, it's your fault and you can clean up the mess."

I was now fuming with anger as I slammed my phone down. I got to my feet and walked to the door. I reached out to grab the handle but stopped short. Breathe in, breathe out. C'mon Harry calm down, you can't blow up at your friend right now.

After calming slightly, I opened the door and headed to Louis' kitchen.

"Everything alright?" Louis asked, as I stepped into the kitchen. I nodded stiffly, feeling numb.

"You sure?" He asked, as he grabbed a glass of water and took a sip.

I took a deep breath, still trying to get my breathing back to normal. I nodded at him, giving him a small smile.

"Alright, what now?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders, thinking about whati had just got myself into.

"Football?" I questioned. Louis grinned and nodded.

"I'm so gonna beat your ass this time!" He shouts sprinting out the door that led us to the backyard. I laughed and ran after him.

"Not if I can help it!" I screamed. I heard Louis' laugh from the garage, as he got the ball.

~*~

"I beat your white ass!" Louis exclaimed as we walked inside.

"No you didn't! You cheated," I scoffed, as I grabbed an apple.

"Lies. You're just a sore loser," Louis laughed, peeling his sopping wet shirt off of himself and tossing it in his hamper in the laundry room.

"Am not!" I said, running my hand through my hair, something I found that I did frequently. "Hey Lou?"

"Yeah, mate?" Louis asked, turning to me.

"What time is it?"

"7:45. Why?" He said, after looking at his watch. I finished my apple and threw it away.

"Shit, shit, shit," I mumbled to myself,pulling out my phone and checking it. I felt my stomach drop when I saw I had 15 messages, 12 from my mum and 3 from Gemma.

"You okay mate?" He asked walking towards me.

No.

"Yeah, just, just give me a moment,"

I sent my mom a quick text saying I was at a friends and forgot to tell her. After doing that, I got a call from Gemma.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Harry I need your help."