Chapter 9

Meredith P.O.V

I slowly jogged to my flat that was out in the woods, ignoring the searing pain in my ankle . I only felt a little guilty about leaving without saying thank you. Call me heartless all you want, but it wasn't my choice. I had to. I had recieved another text a little after Harry had exited his room to get his sister.

Unknown: You may have escaped now, but I will find you babe. xx

It sent a shudder through my body just thinking about it. I shook my head to erase all thoughts about it, and I entered my small old flat that had been abandoned for years.

I went to my room and grabbed a new pair of clothes. I limped to the bathroom and turned on the water, filling up the tub. I stripped down and slowly lowered myself down. My muscles hurt severly, but I ignored it and let myself soak in the lukewarm water.

I reenterd my room after getting cleaned up and fell onto the uncomfortable bed. I slid my stiff body under the covers and fell asleep.

~*~

I heard my alarm blaring in the background as I slowly awoke from my slumber. I slammed my hand down on the annoying thing and sat up. I swung my legs around and felt the cold floor beneath my feet.

I stood up and looked around for clothes to wear. Shit, I forgot to do laundry. I cursed to myself and stripped out of my current clothes and grabbed a worn band shirt with some jeans.

I grabbed a banana to eat and ran a brush through my unruly, frizzy hair. After trying to get it right, I grabbed a ponytail holder and threw my hair up in a high ponytail. Satisfied with it, I brushed my teeth and grabbed my bag. I looked at the time and rolled my eyes, 8:45. I was twenty minutes late.

Oh well. I thought as I walked to the school, making me even later than I was.

I got to the school and threw my stuff in my locker. I grabbed my supplies and walked to my current class. I opened the door and walked in. All eyes turned to me as I walked in. I felt my body go rigid from the stares. I glared at them and they turned away. I noticed Harry was in this class. Since when...? Last I checked, I didn't have a single class with him.

"Miss Jackson, nice to see you could make it," My music teacher, Mrs. Brandy, said to me. I rolled my eyes and sat in a empty seat in the back.

"Alright class, now that there are no distractions, I will assign you guys a partner. You guys will have to write a song and perform it. This will count as forty percent of your first semester grade," Mrs. Brandy explained.

Oh great. This should be good.

"So, first things first, the song will have to be at least three minutes long and it can be about anything you want," she explained. "Now onto the groups."

I tunned her out as she called out the pairs.

"Meredith Camden and Harry Styles."

My head snapped up. You've got to be kidding me. Well, at least I have a smart partner. Let's hope he knows how to write songs, because I don't.

Everyone started getting up and moving next to their parnters. I stayed seated and watched. Mrs. Brandy passed out the instructions with what we were to do. I stared at the paper until I felt someone sit next to me.

My head shot up as I stared at the curly haired freak.

"Hey," he murmured softly. I stared at him blankly. "So... would you mind coming over after school to work on the project?" He asked, avoiding eye contact with me.

I shrugged and thought about what I had tonight. Shit, I had a match.

"Sorry, I have plans already," I say, more rudely then I intended it to be.