13 °°We're Your Friends (Part 1)

Tay°°°

Ramon told me to stay in the car while he walked into an apartment. I figured it was his house, which wasn't that bad when I saw the inside after I snuck to the window. 

From where I was hiding I saw this woman hugging Ramon. They did look alike, though. And I saw his Dad standing there angrily with his arms crossed. Then Ramon ran up the stairs.

I put my ear on the glass and listened to Ramon's parents' conversation.

"What are you really here for, Janet? " Mr. King asked.

"I came to get my son-"

"He's MY son, Janet! You never even wanted him in the first place. What do you really want here!? "

"Keep your damn voice down, Roman! Okay yeah I admit I didn't want the kid. You and him basically ruined my life. But I'm still his mother and I want him now" Janet explained.

The two argued for what seemed like forever, until I saw Ramon at the corner of my eye. He looked furious, confused and disapointed all at once.

"The hell? "

His parents turned around and his Dad tried to calm him down.

"Ramon, chill"

"Baby I-"

"You didn't want me... " was all he said when he walked out the door.

As he walked angrily to the car. I chased after him and quickly jumped into the passenger's seat. The drive was silent and awkward. Ramon grabbed the stearing wheel so tightly, his knuckles had turned white. After about 5 minutes I finally spoke.

"Are you okay, Ramon? " I asked him.

Silence.

"It's okay, y'know-"

"No it's not! " He cut me off. "You don't know what it's like not having a mother. And to find out that you're nothing but a reminder of her mistakes... ".

" You're right. I don't know how it feels. But I know a few people who get it"I told him.

He was quiet for a second."Like who? "

"You'll see tomorrow"

°°°°°°°°°

Ramon dropped me off at home and drove back to his house.

My parents usually came home late so I didn't really expect anyone to be home. I unlocked the front door and went straight to my room.

"Surprise!" Tina, Sierra, Karen and Vicki said as I switched the lights on.

"Heyyyyy... What are you guys doing here? " I asked as I hugged each of them.

"Well our school has been condemned 'cause of all the filth in the school. Apparently it's so bad, the school is closed for the next 4 months" Karen explained.

"Yeah! Your parents said we can stay here for like two, then we'll move to my cousin Lance's place" Tina added.

I just nodded. The five of us just went downstairs to the TV room to catch up on some 'Telenovela'. It was the episode where Mimi had to explain... Nevermind. That's not important right now.

We had popcorn, chocolate and three boxes of pizza. I looked at the time and remembered that I had school tomorrow.

"Oh shit! " I said. "I forgot I have school tomorrow! "

"Oh yeah. You should probably go to bed now" Vicki said.

"Yeah.... But I have to make a call first"

I got my phone out and looked for Ramon's number. This was my way of getting him some people to talk about his issues with.

"Hello? "

"Yeah, hey. It's Taylor... Harris"

"Taylor? Why do you have... How do you have my number? "

"That's not important right now. Anyway, I need you to meet me at the park tomorrow afternoon"

"Why?-"

"Will you be there or not? "

It was quiet for a second, then I heard him shuffling around.

"Okay, yeah. I'll be there... "

"Great! See you tomorrow" I said.

Ramon hung up after that. I smiled to myself and put my phone in my pocket.

"Who was that on the phone? " Sierra asked.

"You'll see tomorrow"

°°°°°°°
Yet again, I hadn't seen Ramon the whole day. I'd been meeting with my friends here too, but only Monte, Byron, Nio and Santo were there...

"Hey guys" I said as I put my lunch tray on the table.

"Hey" they replied.

"So... The girls are in town" I said nervously. This was because of how things ended at that party about two weeks ago. Yeah...

"Oh, really? " Monte asked. He sounded genuinely interested.

"Yeah and I asked them to meet me in the park today. I wanna help a new friend of mine who's having some trouble at home. He's not really outgoing so I just wanna introduce him to some people. Can y'all come? " I asked them.

"Who is this friend? " Santo asked.

"Not important right now. Are you gonna be there or not? "

"I will" Byron said. Monte and Nio agreed.

"I'm not sure, but I'll let you know" Santo finally replied.

"Great! "

The day went on and I still hadn't seen Ramon. I decided to go to the library, hoping to find him there. The librarian said he was there, so I guessed he was at the back.

"Hey, stranger" I said when I saw him.

"What? "

"It's time to get you some friends"