thirteen

nate kept calling and i kept ignoring. even the next day he wouldn't stop. 

i watched his name exit of my phone then pop back up a few seconds later. i sighed and slide my thumb over the screen, taking the call. 

"hey!" i tried to sound as cheery as i could. 

"mia," he said sounding relived. "finally."

"sorry, i've just been really busy." i lie. "what's up?" i close my eyes tightly as i say that.

"look, about last night-" 

"nate, it's fine." i interrupted him. 

"i feel like i owe you an explantation." he sighed. 

"no you don't. hey, look i have to go. i'll call you later." i say and quickly hang up before he got a chance to respond. 

i sigh and place my phone back down on my desk. i didnt want to display any hurt emotions in front of him- no reason to. i just really wanted to escape nate but that impossible considering the fact that i live in his dead ex girlfriend's house. 

i really need to get out this house but sadly, i can't and another plan of dana's won't work this time.. wish it didnt the last time either, if it hadn't, i wouldn't be stuck here with a broken heart. 

i sigh mostly to myself and hide my face in my hands, i wanted to cry- i really want to. but after dillion and my mom leaving me, i was strong enough to get over it, i can get over this. 

i grabbed my phone and saw all the messages skate had left me. 

mia please answer

mia i'm  sorry

please mia

mia please

answer the fucking phone

let me explain 

fuck mia

... night mimi

please stop ignoring me

answer mia

i furrowed my eyebrows when i noticed a message from swazz

can we talk?

 i thumb over the letters: 'busy. maybe later?'

quit bullshitting mia n call me.

i sigh and choose john's contact, calling his number. two rings later he picked up. 

"hey," he breathed. 

"what swazz?" i answer a little coldly, but at this point i was i was honestly annoyed. 

"what happened with skate last night-"

"we already talked about it john." 

"a five second conversation doesnt count, mia." 

i rolled my eyes. "tell nate that i do not care. there's no need to be sorry nor explain. i'm sorry for walking  in on him."

"mia," he sighed. "that's not what this is about and you know it."

"whatever it's about swazz, i don't care. skate is a grown man and can do what he wants." i sigh for the thousandth time today.

"just talk to nate, mia. please? and not over the phone. face to face."

i exhale before nodding slowly. "okay swazz, i'll call him later. but i really have to go."

i heard john scoff on the other line. "okay mia."

i press my lips together as i end the call and get back to studying.                                                           

"give him a call mia." i hear a voice come from my door. 

i turn my head and see bryan. "what?"

"nate maloley. give him a call." he repeated. 

i furrowed my eyebrows. "what are you-"

"i overheard your conversation mia." bryan said. "nate's a good guy."

i cross my arms over my chest. "and how would you know that bryan?"

he shrugged at me. "my friends talk. they know nate, everyone knows nate. he makes music and shit that everyone bumps too." 

"look, b-" i started. 

"just call him, mi. he's no dillion, i can give you that. if you want to meet him, i'll give you a key." he dug into his pocket and pulled out something golden and tossed it at me. the key landed on my desk. when i looked up, he was gone. 

i sighed and picked up the key, examining it. it's too soon to call nate right now. i place the key back down and open my textbook again, going back to reading.