twenty one

my eyes fluttered opened and a headache instantly hit me. my mouth tasted disgusting, what the hell. this is why i stopped partying- because of the morning after. i was by myself and i got up to go find nate. my head pounded with every step i took, i wanted to yell for nate but that would make things worse.

i quietly opened the door to walk away.

"she was a complete mess when i took her in my room," i hear a voice making me stop in my tracks. it was obviously nate talking.

"what do you mean?" i think it was johnson.

"she was speaking mad shit about her mom and how i'm going to leave her." i frowned. i said that? god that's awful.

"hope i wasn't a handful." i said, coming out in the open.

nate look startled. "how ya feeling, ma?"

i shrug, "could be better."

nate softly smiles. "go lay down, i'll bring you something you in a moment."

i nod and make my way back to nate's room. what did i tell him last night? i don't remember a single thing. a lot of parts are fuzzy but i do remember talking to kaitlyn and after that, everything's a blur.

just like he said, nate came back with a pill and water bottle.

"thanks." i mutter, taking the pill and swallowing it with water afterwards.

"so um," nate coughed. "you remember anything from last night?"

i shook my head, "i'm pretty sure i was a train wreck."

he snorted. "you were a handful last night, but i got you to calm down."

"i heard you out there." i informed him. his lips pressed into a thin line. "what did i say about my mom?" i ask.

nate shrugs as if he didn't want to tell me. "you just said somethings about how you're unwanted and i'm just like dillion."

my eyes quickly widen, "nate you're nothing like dillion- oh my god, i-"

"calm down, mia." nate chuckled. "i know you aint mean it."

i frowned, slumping my shoulders. "still can't believe i said that." i look up at nate and the look on his face tells me there's something else he isn't telling me. "is that all that happened last night?"

nate furrowed his eyebrows, nodding. "pretty much. besides the fact it was a lit ass party and i'm pretty sure swazz us going to be boasting for weeks."

"i'm glad john had an amazing party." i smile.

"hey, glad you're up." dana said busting through the door. "i went to your house and got you some more clothes." she said tossing a bag at me.

"did you see my dad?" i ask. she nods. "how is he?"

dana sighed briefly looking at nate. "i think you should go home soon, mia."

"i can't, he will literally keep me from seeing you and nate." i frown. "i can't have that." i can't be alone... not again.

nate frowns as dana keeps talking. "well you need to figure out what youre going to do. school starts in a couple weeks." there was silence because no one said anything. "well i have volleyball practice, i'll see you guys later." dana says, seeing herself out.

i look over at nate who seems to pondering something. 

"what?" i ask him. 

nate shook his head. "nothing." i give him a look. "i'm serious, babe. it's nothing."