sixteen

i looked at my phone for the time- almost three in the morning, i sigh and close my book; another long night of studying and writing down notes. 

i pulled the covers from over my body and crept down the stairs to get a snack. i saw a pack of unopened oreos and quickly swiped them. i popped one in my mouth before heading back up the stairs. on the way, i see a figure outside and rustling and i furrow my eyebrows. maybe it's a raccoon. 

i still have the key bryan gave me so i used it to unlock the door, i slowly peer out the scared because if it's actually a raccoon i might pee my pants. 

"nate?" i opened the door fully and stand up straight when i see who it is. he turned around one he noticed i was there. "what are you doing here? on my porch? at three am?" wow, deja vu.

"mia," he said lowly before walking over to me. 

i put my hand out to stop him from coming any closer. "are you high?" 

nate chuckled and shook his head, "no, mia, i'm not high." 

i give him a nod and step outside fully. "what do you want?" i ask. 

"i hate knowing you don't want to talk to me." nate said. "i'm crazy about you mia villegas."

my breath caught in my throat at his last sentence. i shook my head. "but you- the other girl."

"i fucked up mia, i know." he frowned. "i didn't think i could love another girl like i did mary jane so i tried hooking up with another girl... but that kinda blew up in my face."

"yeah," i scoffed. "no kidding."

nate pulled his bottom lip in between his teeth. we both stood there in silence. before i knew it, hands snaked around my waist and my body was pulled closer to his. nate kissed me quickly before i had time to even react. i wrap my arms around his neck of course as i kiss back. 

i feel nate smile into the kiss as soon as i kiss back. the arm around my waist becomes tight and i'm pulled closer to nate's body. 

his lips taste like weed but i honestly don't care. i didn't care about anything else at the moment but this. 

"come with me." nate muttered as we parted from our kiss. 

"what?" i asked, still kinda dazed. 

"come home with me." he said again. 

my mind returns back fully as i look at him. "are you crazy?" i laugh. "my dad will flip when he sees i'm gone."

"so?" nate shrugged. his arms were still around me and i don't think he was going to let go anytime soon. 

"i'm sorry, do you want me to be killed?" i tilt my head to the side and ask, half joking. 

"please." nate begged, laying his head in the crook of my neck. "i don't want to be without you tonight."

my lips instantly went into a smile. my eyes went wide when i felt kisses placed along my neck. i quickly push him off, "fine, i'll go." 

nate smirked in satisfaction, pulling me towards his car. "lets go then!"

"wait," i stop him, taking my hand back. "what about clothes?" i look down at my pajamas which was just an old sweatshirt and shorts.

nate looked me up and down, keeping that stupid smirk on his face. "where we're going, you won't need em." my eyes quickly widened. "i'm kidding, ma." he laughed when he noticed my reaction. "but i got clothes you can wear at the house." 

i shake my head and jog off the porch to meet nate in his car. i can't believe i'm doing this. old mia from indiana would do something like this would dillion... i really hope she's not coming back...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

MIA AND NATE FINALLY CONFESSED THEIR FEELINGS AND KISSED... ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

once again, sorry this was a little shorter this time. longer chapters to come

ANYWAY, 

thanks for reading, i appreciate all the feedback!

AND DONT FORGET TO COMMENT I LOVE READING YALLS COMMENTS

~ kacey