nineteen

nate and i went back to his house after the confrontation with kailtyn. the walk and drive back were completely silent. i kept stealing glances at nate to see what he was thinking about, but he was unreadable. 

when we arrived at his house, he still didn't say a word and took the liberty to just let himself in. i guess i was meant to follow behind him. 

"there's the two lovebirds!" sammy shouted when we walked in. sammy is always smiling, and his smile is huge. i looked him up and down and realized his hair was return back to it's natural color. i actually kind of liked it blonde. his smile dropped when he noticed nate and me. "woah, what's with the long faces?"

i shifted my look elsewhere and noticed swazz eating a back of chips, staring at me with the same curious expression sam has. i rubbed my arm, waiting for nate to answer. 

"uh," nate scratched the back of his neck. "we ran into kaitlyn while we were out."

sam's eyes widened with a nod. "oh." 

i assume the guys were all familiar with kaitlyn. i guess she's not just some girl nate picked up, she must be friends with them or at least know them in some kind of way. 

"well," swazz said, crumbling his bag of chips, catching all of our attention. "as you may know, my motherfuckin birthday is coming up." he called his hands with a smirk. "what we doin'?"

sammy's lips curved up into a devious smirk. "oh yeah, johnny boy does have a birthday soon. it's gonna be extra lit know that mia's been added to the squad."

i smiled, knowing that i'm now apart of the exclusive group.  i opened my mouth to speak but was cut off by nate's deep voice. 

"nah, she's not into that."

i furrowed my eyebrows. "excuse me?"

nate quickly turned to look at me. "i just thought-"

"you thought wrong." i crossed my arms  across the chest. "i was quite the party girl back in indiana, nathan."

nate's eyebrows lifted. "you? really?"

i scoff, "is that so hard to believe?"

nate choked out a laugh. "honestly, babe, yeah." i heard snickers come from the other boys. 

my jaw dropped as i stomped my foot- childish move, i know; but at this point, i'm a little heated. "i'll show all you." i glared, turning to sammy and swazz. "when's the party?"

"this friday?" sammy looked around at us. swazz and nate nodded in approval. sam smirked and clapped his hands together. "so it's settled."

friday was only four days away can these guys, even pull it off?

"invite your cute friend dana too." swazz pointed at me. 

"why?" i smirked. "does little swazz have a little crush?" 

john's face scrunched up as if i just puked on his shoes. "no, fuck that. johnson thought she was cute." 

i chuckled at him not wanting to settle down. i nodded and pushed my hair behind my ear. "sure, i'll tell her."

swazz winked at me before walking out the kitchen. nate quickly clenches his jaw but relaxes as he turns to me. 

"you don't have to go to this party if you don't, mia. we can chill in my room or we can go somewhere-"

"nate, i want to go." i tell him. "besides, he's your best friend. you can't miss his party."

"i've been friends with swazz since we were kids, i don't think one party will matter." he laughed, showing off those cute dimples of his.