Chapter 5

In the end, you lost. Even if he was going easy on you, you still lost against him by ten points. You did not understand Izuki's split personality at all. When playing basketball, he's all of a sudden the cool guy and level-headed one while outside, he's mainly the Pun Master with a big Ego.

You did not understand why people had these split personalities in basketball. Well, Hyūga surely doesn't. Whenever he's playing and is pressured he literally becomes the Hyūga that complains to you a lot and you just sit there, studying for a test, or watching anime on your phone.

The two of you sat on the benches, just sitting there as you took a sip of water earlier. And in all honesty, you were pretty tired even if he was going easy on you. You got really mad at him during times, though, to you it was kind of, fun.

"Are you sure? That you don't like Hyūga?" Izuki asked you, looking barely tired. You rolled you eyes.

"Why are you even asking these questions? Why do you want to know?" You asked in curiosity.

"Hyūga can be a Hyūge ass. And obviously, he likes Riko. And you do seem to know a lot about me already because of Hyūga," Izuki told you as your eyes widened.

"Okay...I used to like him. Satisfied now?" You asked as Izuki nodded.

"Now, they have eagle merchandise somewhere around the corner so we are going," Izuki said as you started to complain.

"But I'm tired..," you muttered as Izuki grabbed the bag you brought with the Yaoi mangas and stood up.

"Come on! You don't want me to carry you or anything, right?" Izuki asked as you rolled your eyes, kind of considering it.

"I haven't never had a piggy back ride..," you said and chuckled. Izuki sighed as you stood up in the bench and wrapped your arms around his neck, careful not to choke your friend to death as your feet as lifted off the ground and your legs were being supported.

You yawned and rested on your head on his shoulder and your eyes were all of a sudden droopy.

"Are we there yet..?" You asked in a quiet tone.

"Nope," Izuki said, surprisingly not dying from how long he has been carrying you around on his back.

"You said it was close by...," you said and was about to fall asleep on his back, when your eyes were wide open when realization hit you. "Baka..."

"What? Now you call me a Baka when I have been carrying you around?" Izuki asked as you rolled your eyes, then they popped out in the realization and thought of yourself to be clever or smart.

"Uh huh. Your a secret pervert! The only reason you wanted me to play basketball was to tire me out and you wanted to carry me around! Baka Baka Baka!" You exclaimed and tried to kick Izuki.

"What's your problem, Y/N? If you want to meet a pervert then you should talk to Aomine! I'm not a freaking pervert! Besides, you just became my friend a day ago," Izuki said as you sighed, resting your chin against his shoulder.

"Sumimasen. I just, assumed it," you said and lightly chuckled as you closed your eyes.

"Did you just?" Izuki asked as you nodded.

"Yep," you said as Izuki laughed. You eventually fell asleep, since in the beginning you woke up really early due to your mom's cleaning.

"Hey, do you want to hear a pun?" Izuki asked you. As usual, you were sleeping and you didn't respond. "Well, you did say you were too tired."

Izuki turned to see your sleeping face as he blushed red. "I wonder what an angel like you is doing here on earth..," Izuki said and gulped, turning back to walking forward. "Never mind. You're asleep."

"Hey, Y/N wake up," Izuki said and poked your cheek. Even so, you did not at all wake up. Izuki rolled his eyes as he stood in front of the eagle store as he walked inside.

He bought a new shirt with an eagle on it, and a small snow globe that had an eagle as well. And besides that, he bought two Laffy Taffy candy, since of course, there are puns on it.

He was reading the Laffy taffy candy and wrote the two jokes down on his notepad, which was soon running out of paper. He ate one of them and put the other one in your plastic bag with the Yaoi mangas you bought.

"Y/N wake up," he said, practically feeling as if he was dragging a dead corpse on his back.

"Hgn...," you said, still sleeping.

"Y/N what the hell? Are you awake?!" Izuki exclaimed, though no response was happening. Instead, he felt water drop on your shoulders.

"And she's drooling...grea...," Izuki trailed off to see that what was on his shoulder was not at all drool.

Instead, was tears. (Just pretend).

"What the-" Izuki said and poked your cheek, checking if you were awake or not. And of course, you didn't even flinch.

"C-Cold...," you muttered in your sleep as Izuki was confused with your strange behavior. Well, in your sleep.

He found a revolving sushi place for the both of you to eat at and sat on the booth. People ended up staring at him seeing you on his back as he put you down on a booth seat.

He took of his jacket and draped it on your shoulders as Izuki picked out four plates already. He saw you smile in your sleep and Izuki had an annoyed expression on his face when you would not wake up.

"Okay. So the person that invented knock knock jokes should really deserve a No Bell prize-"

"I'm up!" You exclaimed all of a sudden. Izuki broke into loud laughter.

"Why did you wake up when I just said that pun?" Izuki asked. Your eyes were wide when your saw Izuki right in front of you, and you noticed the dry tears on your cheeks.

"What pun?" You asked him, confused as Izuki just shrugged.

"Never mind," he said.

You did remember one thing. The dream you had, more like a nightmare, was on that faithful night, when you were about to get kidnapped. Instead, it was more of a bad ending. Izuki had died right in front of you, in a puddle of blood.

Then, you were cold since it was during the winter. And you just stood there. After a while in the dream, you found out that he was alive, and that is what made you smile in the end.

"I-It's nothing," you said, grabbing a sushi plate for yourself and two chopsticks inside the box.

"Ittekimasu!" You both said at the same time as you both started to eat in silence. You seemed to be really hungry after the basketball game, and you woke up from your little nap.

Though, you didn't like the quiet a single bit. After what happened in your dream, you needed a bit of a laugh.

"Hey, Izuki," you said as he faced you with his cheeks full of sushi.

"What?" He asked with his mouth full.

"Could you by any chance, tell a pun?" You asked as Izuki chewed his food and nodded, putting down his chopsticks and took out his blue notepad, clearing his throat as if he was preparing for a formal speech.

"Oh wow, look at the time! It's Pun o' clock!"