Chapter 14

Riko let you sit on the benches with the rest of the players, since you officially had your whistle. You saw Takao giving you dirty looks inbetween the game as you felt a twine of regret in you, then at times Izuki would flash a quick wink at you when he made a pause or did his famous moves involving an eagle.

As you watched the game intently, it was the fourth quarter, as you saw that they won. You ran up to them all, cheering as Hyūga was lucky enough to get that kiss from Riko.

After a while, you pleaded Izuki to keep the jacket as it was not long before he agreed. You grabbed your things as you were at the same spot, where you two saw the stars, as you stared up at them in the night, and he put his hand on top of your.

Sadly, it was raining, so he luckily held an umbrella over both of your heads.

"You're pretty amazing in basketball. But, an extreme pun dork in real life," you said and gave him a half smile as you recognized this place more than you should.

This was the place, where you would always build something out of sticks with Izuki and it was your territory. Izuki would even bring a flag, which was basically one of his early shirts as you guys said it was the abbreviation of PUN.

Personal United Nations.

It was weird, but Hyūga helped you both come up with it as you turned to Izuki, laughing as he brought one of his eagle shirts as you stood up over at the tree, ripping out a long branch, sticking it onto the floor as he tied his shirt on.

You stared at the 'PUN', with the both of you laughing, basically on the floor as you knew that you should have never forgot the best memories you made, at this very spot.

"I want to stay with you as long as I want to, which is forever," I said as Izuki nodded, as you scooted closer to him, resting your head against his shoulder as the both of you stared at the stars, letting out small laughs every once in a while.

"Do you want to...maybe, I don't know run away?" Izuki asked you as you reluctantly nodded.

"With you, yeah," you told him as he gave you a long kiss on the forehead.

"Why don't we?" Izuki asked you as you looked at him with wide eyes.

"C-Can we really? I mean, we just might end up like Romeo and Juliet, and I'm scared," you admitted with a shrug as Izuki held your hand tighter, making it feel a bit reassuring.

"They're nothing but a book," Izuki told you and looked at you in the eyes, as you looked down, at his skin turning pale white as his hand felt as thin, as paper.

"I am, too," Izuki told you as your eyes were wide and you tried to grab a hold of him. Instead, he fully turned into paper, and it blinded your eyes, as you began to sob, knowing that someone as your crush, from an anime, would sadly, never be real...

***

You later woke up, in a hospital as you saw that you were attached to something, to see that Izuki was staring at you in shock, as he had a relieved smile on his face.

"Y/N! You got so worried!" Izuki exclaimed as you bursted into tears, sitting up to hug him as he collapsed on top of you on the hospital bed as both of your noses were gently brushed against each other as you felt his hand wipe your tears gently. "Why are you crying, Y/N? I should be the one crying, you just passed out without warning I thought you were dead!" Izuki exclaimed as you began to yell.

"I thought you weren't real!" You yelled out loud as Izuki softened up when you said that as his eyes were popped open at what you said in shock as you buried your face in your hands in embarrassment as you began to sob.

"Izuki I...I thought that you were not real, that, you were just a figment of my imagination, because, you were just too...much of the person that I wanted to be with forever..," you said as Izuki laid next to you on the hospital bed, scooting over as he held you in his arms protectively with your head on his chest as you blushed, hearing his heart beat.

"Hear that? I'm very real," Izuki said as you nodded, wrapping your arms around him and both of you under hospital bed sheets, which you never imagined in your life. "I'll always be real, Y/N, as real as you want me to be," Izuki told you as you nodded.

"I want to run away with you now," you said and looked up at him as he had a serious expression on his face with slight shock. "I want to leave my past behind, I want to be with you, I don't care," you said, sounding as if you were whining as Izuki just smiled, playing with you're hair.

"I'll do anything for you, Princess," he said as you blushed, unlatching from him as he took you off of the hospital bed, carrying you bridal style another time as he walked you out of the hospital, as you held the umbrella for you two to be under.

"Are you real, Izuki?" You asked him as he sighed, nodding as you held out your hand out to the raindrops, as your hand was wet, and you immediately slapped Izuki in the face.

"Ow!" Izuki exclaimed as you laughed at him, leaving him pouting. "Y/N don't make me drop you..," Izuki muttered as you shook your head rapidly.

"No no I was just checking if you were paper or not!" You said as Izuki did put you down gently as he leaned in for a kiss, your eyes wide open at the shock of what he just did, as he kissed you gently.

Your eyelids grew heavy as you grew into the kiss, with his hand caressing your cheek gently.

And to this day, you never looked back to your past, but you never forgot a single memory with Izuki again.