overwhelmed

REYNA LAY ON her side in her hospital bed, her tired green eyes fixed on the newborn fast asleep in the bassinet at her bedside. The pain killers the nurse had been giving her for the past day or so had done a fairly excellent job at making her want to sleep, and they had done so several hours ago, but at the moment she couldn't bring herself to do so, no matter how exhausted she was.

Reyna was overwhelmed with an abundant amount of love—a love that she had never known before. She was happy—much happier than she had been in so long, and it was because of Theodor that she was. Of course Sebastian brought her happiness and love, but this was a different kind of happiness, as well as a different kind of love. She couldn't quite put her finger on it at the moment, though, especially with so much medication in her system.

Sebastian then made his way into Reyna's room, his eyes falling upon her immediately. He followed her gaze to Theo's bassinet and a small smile lit up his face. He, too, was feeling an overwhelming amount of love, not only for Reyna, but for his son as well. He never thought it was possible for him to love two people so much, but yesterday had proved him wrong.

"Hi, sweetie," Sebastian greeted her as he approached the side of her bed.

Reyna turned over to look at him, an automatic smile coming onto her face as her eyes met his. "Hi," she replied groggily, reaching up to take his hand in her own.

"Are you tired?" he asked with a gentle squeeze of her hand.

Reyna nodded and scooted over in bed, patting the spot beside her as if to tell him to lay down. He complied fairly quickly and in seconds Reyna was snuggling herself into his side. Sebastian wrapped his arms tightly around her, though he was careful not to harm her, regardless of the pain medication in her system. He rested his chin on top of her head and averted his attention to the bassinet where his son lay, letting out what seemed to be a sigh of content.

"He looks like you, y'know?" Reyna said as her eyes fluttered shut.

"Maybe it's just the hair."

Reyna shook her head at him. "No. His eyes are so blue."

"When did you see his eyes?" Sebastian asked her.

"He was awake for some time while you were out talking to Anthony and Chris," Reyna explained to him. "Scarlett was holding him when he woke up; she was the first one who noticed it."

Sebastian bit his lip as he looked at his son. "I love him."

Rena smiled and hugged him tighter, careful not the aggravate the IV in her arm. "I know. I love him too."

"Thank you for giving me the best thing in my life, Reyna," Sebastian spoke quietly, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "Not only you, but Theo, too. I love you both more than you'll ever know."

"I love you, Sebastian," Reyna replied as she craned her head to look up at him. "And I know Theo loves you, too."

Sebastian smiled and pressed a kiss to her lips before hugging her to him again. "I can't wait to take you both home."

"Me either. I can't wait to go home and watch The Martian," Reyna giggled.

"Why The Martian though?"

"Because you look adorable in your little NASA sweaters and Matt Damon looks good in that blue compression shirt y'all wore under those suits," Reyna answered him as she slowly began to fall asleep.

Sebastian chuckled. "Nice reason to wanna watch a movie."

"I could watch The Covenant?"

"The Martian's good," Sebastian said quickly.

"We're officially Johanbeck," Reyna giggled.

Sebastian laughed and shook his head at her. "I think you need to go to sleep now, sweetheart."

"Okay," Reyna said slowly. "I love you."

"I love you, Rey."

_______________

SHORT BUT CUTE, I GUESS

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO THE MARTIAN SCORE SOUNDTRACK, WHICH IS WHERE THE MARTIAN DRABBLE CAME FROM, SORRY LOL