barrister

THE COURTROOM WAS filled with people, though most of them were present to support Reyna. There were only three people in the room on account for Chase, and those were his parents and his lawyer, all of whom seemed to be very disgruntled given the current situation. Not only were they in a room with some of the biggest celebrities in the world, but they were also in a room with their son who had allegedly assaulted one of them. They couldn't help but wonder if the baby they had arrived with was their son's either; the very thought of it brought them a sense of joy, though it nauseated them all the same.

Reyna sat quietly beside Sebastian and her parents as she attempted to listen as the judge spoke; Theodor was laying sound asleep on Reyna's dad, his covered head nuzzled into the crook of his neck. Reyna played with her fingers as she normally did when she was nervous or feeling a bit uncomfortable. Sebastian took notice immediately, reaching down to grab her hands in his own. Reyna looked up at him, her green eyes glistening.

"Relax," he mouthed to her as he gave her hands a gentle squeeze.

Reyna gave a slight nod and intertwined their fingers together, resting her other hand on his forearm.

As everyone else listened to the judge speak, Reyna's father was eyeing the man that had wronged his daughter rather intently. He—like Jeremy—wanted nothing more than to get out of his seat, run over to him, and slam his head into the table repeatedly until he stopped breathing, and had it not been for the infant in his arms, there was a strong likelihood he would have done so. He had no tolerance whatsoever for those who believed they could just do as they pleased with either one of the women in his life.

Chase felt eyes on him and he turned his head around to see Reyna's dad staring at him, anger in his eyes. He gulped and turned back around, while Reyna's dad simply let out a very quiet chuckle at the mere sight of him. He leaned down towards Reyna and she looked over at him, leaning forward as if to hear what he needed to tell her.

"He kinda looks like one of those things from Lord of the Rings, y'know?" he whispered into her ear.

Reyna looked at him with a brow raised in question. "What?"

"That asshole over there," he told her at a volume only she could hear. "He looks like fucking Gollum."

Reyna snorted, though she covered her mouth quickly to keep from drawing attention to herself. "Dad, that's an insult to Gollum."

Reyna's dad smirked, feeling very triumphant with the way he had raised his daughter. "You can definitely tell I made you."

"Of course you can," Reyna teased.

Reyna's dad opened his mouth to respond, but wasn't given the chance before Reyna's name was called, removing both of them from their hushed conversation. Reyna looked to the stand and the judge gave her a small smile before gesturing her over to the stand.

"You're gonna be okay," Sebastian said to her as she stood up.

Reyna smiled down at him, giving his hand a gentle squeeze before moving to get passed her parents.

"Stay strong, Gandalf," her dad said to her, earning a soft laugh from her mom and Sebastian, as well as several of her friends behind them.

Reyna chuckled and shook her head at him. "Scarlet Witch, not Scarlet Wizard, dad."

"Wish I cared," he shrugged.

Reyna simply rolled her eyes at him and continued making her way up to the stand, taking a seat behind the microphone. The moment she did, one of the barristers stepped forward, and Reyna did her best to build her walls up.