vows

THE CHURCH WAS filled with a numerous amount of people, all of whom were particularly close to Sebastian and Reyna. They all waited patiently for the ceremony to begin, though the time seemed to drag on and on. All they wanted was to see two of the people they cared most about in their lives finally tie the knot with each other after so many years. but for now they were forced to wait. There was only fifteen minutes left until the ceremony was to begin officially, though it felt as if it could be an hour.

The bride and groom, however, felt as if time was passing by much too quickly.

Sebastian was a nervous wreck, and there seemed to be nothing he could do fix it. He had never been so nervous for anything before, and he wasn't sure why it was this specific event he was ready to shit his pants over. He was finally marrying his best friend—the love of his life—and this made him happier than he had ever been, which left him confused as to why he was so nervous.

"You're sweating, Sebastian," Anthony's voice sounded.

Sebastian turned around to face him. "Does it show?"

Anthony let out sigh and moved to straighten his black bowtie. "Not much, but it will if you don't stop stressing out. You literally have nothing to worry about, Sebastian."

"I'm just nervous," Sebastian uttered.

"But why? You're marrying the girl you've known since you were sixteen."

Sebastian shrugged and wiped at his head. "That's why I'm nervous, maybe, I don't know. God, she's gonna think I'm a loser."

"She already does," Anthony snorted, clamping a hand down onto Sebastian's shoulder. "But you're her loser, which gives you no reason whatsoever to be nervous. You've got this, okay?"

"Okay," Sebastian said with a small smile. "Where's Chris?"

Anthony gestured to the door. "He went to see Reyna and his girlfriend."

"Must be nice," Sebastian chuckled.

"Shut up, you'll see her in about ten minutes," Anthony said to him.

Sebastian bit his lip in thought. "Do you think she's as nervous as I am?"

"Definitely," Anthony chuckled, though his words were quite wrong.

For the past few hours, Reyna had been in a relatively good mood. Although emotional at times due to her hormones, she was in a very jovial mood. She was excited for so many different reasons, the main one being that Jeremy had brought her a box of chicken tenders to the church, and the second one being that she was marrying her best friend.

"Stop dancing, Rey," Scarlett grumbled as she attempted to fix Reyna's veil.

Reyna laughed and took a bite of one of her tenders. "Sorry."

"If you get buffalo sauce on this dress, I'm literally going to kill you," Jade then added as she, too, tried to fixate Reyna's veil on top of her head.

"It'll all be okay," Reyna assured them, though she wasn't so sure herself. She had almost dropped the entire container of sauce on her dress earlier, and had it not been for her quick reflexes, she probably would have. Scarlett and Jade had threatened to confiscate the sauce from her multiple times, but Reyna knew they wouldn't; if they had done so, it wouldn't have made for  a very happy wedding.

A knock on the door then sounded, and Reyna stopped eating long enough to check who it was. Jade walked over to pull the door open and was immediately greeted by Chris, as well as Jeremy, her dad, and Anthony. They were the only ones who were allowed to see her before the ceremony started, as she had made a point to want to surprise everyone, including her fiance, regardless of whether or not it was tradition.