Finale to the Hunger Games!

Enjoy!

District 4
Olivia woke up to a cannon.
She still laid down, and thought about some things.
She'd going to only hear one more cannon, ever. Whether for the end of her life, or for the end of the games. It was unsettling her, she wanted to know for which. Olivia didn't feel like a victor, and she doubted she'd be able to live up to what makes a victor, a victor.
That's when Olivia heard something, howling? In a distance, it sounded like it was getting closer. Olivia jumped up, grabbed a random pack, and jumped down the small cliff. She figured climbing would be too slow because the howling creature sounded fast. She hit the ground and her legs instantly felt sore. Olivia had no choice but to get up and run away from the noise. Olivia almost fell over a few times, so she kept scratching herself on the trees and branches as she ran by, but it didn't stop her from trying to escape whatever monster the game makers were finally sending out.

District 10
Courtney woke up in middle of the night to Wes shaking her.
"Courtney, it's your watch," Wes told her tiredly.
Courtney sat up, grabbing her knife again.
"And Court?"
"Yeah Wes?" She asked, yawning right after.
"Don't let me wake up in the morning," he instructed. Courtney's eyes shot open at his request. He had his eyes closed as he laid against the tree. He had the slingshot in his hand, like it was a prized procession that he wanted to die with. "Good luck clever Courtney." He said as he was soon, drifting to sleep. Courtney stared at him, as he was lightly breathing. He was now asleep.
Courtney felt like this was the last time she was going to see him alive. Well, it was. Courtney was going to oblige by his last wishes. She was going to try to win, but whatever happens, happens. It wasn't like she actually was clever, she thought. Courtney turned her attention to the fire, Wes had kept it alive, but soon, it was slowly dying, because Courtney made no effort to try to keep it going. She wasn't going it need it soon.
Courtney had no plans to get up to look for the last tribute beyond Wes. She didn't know how she was going to try to win.
Courtney stared at the fire for a while, she watched Wes shuffle a little bit as he was sleeping. He looked quite peaceful. His face was clear of any emotion. She wanted to know what he was dreaming of, if he could even conjure up something simple to dream.
Courtney felt like she didn't even have a reason to want to go home. She had a few friends, but she felt like the connections she made here was far more something than whatever she had back home. Well, connections before they were all turned to killers.
She had met 4 friends, more or less. Courtney at first wanted to kill Shayne, but he protected her. Something her friends at home would never do. Lasercorn offered her a spot in the alliance. Her friends would've went every man for himself.
She got to thinking.
If these people weren't forced into the games, and they had met each other properly, maybe they all would be friends. She couldn't think too much about these people's personalities, because she had met a few only by training, so it wasn't a great way to judge, but they seemed cool to some extent.

When the sun was rising, she saw Wes slightly stirring. She remembered his request. He didn't want to wake up.
She got up with her knife. His request did seem plausible, he was going to die inevitably because he wanted to, he wanted Courtney to win for a reason, and he didn't want to wake up again in the Hunger Games arena.
Courtney whispered a thank you, and used her knife. Wes was never going to wake up.
The fire was almost completely gone as Courtney rummaged through a bag. She had compiled what she thought was going to be useful into one bag to take. She ran away from Wes' body to be taken from the game makers.
Courtney walked until the fire, and Wes, and the camp wasn't in her view. She didn't know where she was going.
That's when she heard a loud howling noise, a short distance away. She didn't want to see what is was coming from, so she changed her direction and started sprinting.

Olivia had run until she had recalled where she was headed. The game makers were trying to bring whoever was left to the cornucopia to bring the Hunger Games to an end.
When she made it out of the forest, to the flat area of the cornucopia, she kept running. She wanted to run to the cornucopia. She saw another tribute, the final one, a girl also running out of the forest towards the cornucopia. She wasn't that far from Olivia, just to her left. Olivia slowed down, she went to grab her knife. The other girl kept running, she hadn't noticed Olivia. Olivia grabbed her knife and went around the cornucopia, so that the girl wouldn't see her.