5-The Hardest Part Is Letting Go Of Your Dreams

(Sleep By My Chemical Romance)

-Lola-

Me and Jack were enjoying the pizza and playing video games in the living room. We kept telling each other stories and pathetic jokes. I haven't smiled this much in so long.

"So echo..." I had to laugh at how he still addressed me as that. I probably should tell him.

"Dude it's not Echo. It's Lola. Lola Quinn." I giggled.

"Wait, you lied about your name?" He raised an eyebrow.
I shrug my shoulders.
"You were annoying to me. You also saw my drawings, so I wasn't really gonna give you my name. Besides you don't tell a stranger your name." I giggled at the last part.

"Yeah I guess that kinda makes sense. What's the time?" I pull my phone out.
"It's 9:40." I answered.

"I guess you better go." I say shyly. He nods his head and stands up from the couch. He stretched his long skinny arms out and yawns while standing up. He turns back around, towering over me.

"One more thing." He grabs my arm and lifts the sleeve up. Exposing my aces. He had a serious yet sad face.
"I want this to be over. If I have to come in every morning to help, I will. I'm always here and I always be there for you. You're not alone and I won't allow that to happen." He kindly smiled at me.

Why? Why is he doing this? I'm just a broken girl. I really can't be fixed. I felt so bad for him. I was just a ticking time bomb because I know one day I won't be here and he'll regret ever talking to the broken girl.

"Thanks for staying." I faked a smile and pulled my arm from him.

"I'm glad to be here...Bye Lola." He ruffles my hair and walks off to the door.

I watched his every moment as he opens the door, still smiling, and shuts the door. He was gone and I let go of my smile.

I took the left over pizza and placed it on the counter in the kitchen. I turned the tv off and went upstairs to my bedroom to sleep.

I'm surprised that a Monday could actually be good.

I took my bra off because it's comfortable that way and put on a baggy band shirt and shorts.

I really didn't sleep because of my nightmares but maybe it could be different this time.

-Jack Johnson-

I let go of the door knob. I couldn't believe I just did that. Yeah I meant it all!

I didn't really know how I was gonna do this...I just couldn't stand and let her do this to her skin. We have enough scars in our life, we don't need to manufacture our own on our skin.

I walked to my house and went up to my room. My parents probably fell asleep.
When I checked the time on my phones, I saw that I got a text from Jack.

I open it up and read it.

"Jack I thought u were coming over for pizza and video games"

It read. I sighed and typed back.

"Sorry man, I had to do some chores and it's too late to go now."

I had to lie. I wasn't gonna tell him the truth.
'Oh sorry I spent it with a broken girl who lives next door to me.'

Besides I really don't want the boys making fun of me and her. Especially her. Lola was a special girl she just didn't know it.

"That fine J See ya tomorrow"

He text back. I relax against my bed after I took my shirt off. I crawled under my covers and leaned over to my window. I saw her house. The same old white room that I've seen for many years was different now. It must be her room now.
The white chipped walls were replaced with drawings and posters and photos. I could see the bathroom and it haunted me to look at it.
That's were she must've cut her skin. That's where she hurt herself.