Chapter 3

Louis pov

I heard water splashing. I'm at the bank of a small stream. I heard a scream. It sounded like Harry.

"Harry?" I shouted, running towards the sound.

"Help!" Harry cried.

"Harry!" I called out. I heard another shout. I pushed aside the branches as I rushed between tree trunks. I found Harry in a battle with a stag. Harry's not winning. I grabbed the buck by his rack, holding it back.

"Run, you fool!" I yelled. Harry scrambled to his feet and ran off. The buck was not happy. He tried to ram at me with his antlers but I held them away from my body. The stag was strong. He pushed me up against a tree. I let go and duck low. His antlers got caught in a network of branches. I dashed away.

I met up with Harry. He was trembling. "Let's go." I commanded. Harry followed behind me as we headed to my house. I put on some clothes. They felt a bit strange. I haven't worn clothes in a long time. "Town's straight down there. We'll take my motorcycle." I told him. "It's too far to walk."

I started the motorcycle. We headed into the town. It took a few hours. "We have about 2 hours so don't dilly dally." I gave Harry some loose change and pointed at the phonebox. "You know your friend's number?" I asked. Harry nodded.

Harry pov

I dialed Zayn's number into the payphone. I listened to the tone as I waited for him to pick up. He did.

"Hey, mate. It's Harry" I spoke into the phone.

"Hi Harry." He said. "Where are you?"

"I don't know. I'm in a small town somewhere."

"Very descriptive, Harry." Zayn said sarcastically.

"Sorry." I looked around. I saw a sign that said, "Engle Street". "Zayn, help me look up Engle Street." I spelt the street name out for him.

"It's a street in Baermorial. 5 hours drive from my place." Zayn replied.

"I can't stay here. Louis says I need to leave."

"Who's Louis?"

"I found another one. He turns into a wolf too."

"Seriously? Then why can't you two just stay together? You won't be any harm to him. It's perfect."

"Man, I don't know. He's already helped me so much. I can't just pop into his life and stay in his house forever."

"True. I don't know how you're going to find a house somewhere far from everyone else. The last time you got lucky. Then some asshat had to build a mall next to your house and crushed your home with their dumb wrecking ball."

"You're not much help."

"I don't know how to help you. Hey, I need to go."

"Zayn, no. I need you. I need your help. Please, don't leave."

"Sorry, mate. I want to help but I can't and I really have to go now."

I opened my mouth to say something but Zayn already hung up. I sighed. That was a waste of a phone call. I stepped out of the phone booth.

"You're crying." Louis said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I said, choking a little. I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand.

"What did your friend say?" Louis asked.

"He hung up on me."

"Oh." Louis commented, not really knowing what to say.