Chapter 17

Harry pov

People who love you will do things for your good. They look out for you. They try to do the best they can to protect you. You won't always understand why they do what they do...

But I'll always understand why Louis Tomlinson pushed me off a motherfucking cliff.

You don't know pain until you've had your body thrown into a valley and flung around, like a ball in a pinball machine. Even if that happened to you, unlike me, you probably wouldn't have lived to tell the tale.

My body ached when I woke up, being tossed like a toy by the gushing waters. I swam towards the banks.

I found my way back to my home, where Zayn and I stayed before I was a werewolf, after stalking around for weeks. After finding the key under the flowerpot, where a withered stalk stood, I unlocked the door. I hopped into the shower. The warm water soothed me.

I sat cross-legged on my bed in a fresh set of clothes.

Louis' face was plastered all over the news.

I flipped open my laptop. My fingers ran across the keyboard, typing in Louis' name.

A video of Louis surfaced on YouTube. He sat in his cell, sulking. Shortly after, he had hair all over his back. He turned to the camera and snarled. Louis lunged at the camera, sticking out his razor-sharp claws. Screams were heard along with some background noise.

I read the comments below the video.

"wtf i swear dis is fake"

"first comment"

"What movie is this from?"

"First comment <3"

"My five-year-old could do better CGI than that"

"Who is that actor? His so hawt"

Most of the articles about Louis focused on the video. I found one that had a bit more information on his whereabouts.

Louis ended up in Baemorial Prison. He was convicted of unauthorised possession of wildlife and resisting arrest on multiple occasions. The judge refused to believe that he was a werewolf but it seems that he was of no danger to anyone since he was kept in a cell. My name was also mentioned in the article. I was shoved off a 700-metre cliff. After 3 days of searching, my body was unfound(duh!) so they stopped looking.

"I think we can safely assume that Harry Styles is dead." Officer Knight said.

Well, you wouldn't expect a regular human being to fall at such a height and survive.

I found myself a job at a local bakery. My income isn't very high but it was enough to get me by. Locking myself in a cage just before the sun sets became routine in my life.

It seemed that Zayn and Liam found a nice place to stay on the outskirts of Baemorial. Zayn told me that he was working to find a cure for werewolves.

I haven't heard much from Niall but Zayn said that he's doing fine.

Five years passed. I got a call from Zayn.

"Harry," Zayn said into the phone. His voice quavering. "I think I found it. I think I found the cure."

"No way." I responded.

"Yes way."

According to Zayn's experimentation and research, eating a bismuth crystal will turn a werewolf human again. After eating bismuth crystals, Zayn started to age like a normal human and so did Liam. They've stopped turning into wolves at night.

Twenty years passed. I went to Zayn's place to visit him. Zayn and Liam have adopted two lovely children. I noticed the creases at the corners of their eyes as they smiled, watching their kids play with the toys I bought them.