Chapter 18

Harry pov

My heels knocked against the warm pavement as I stepped out of the taxi. I ran a hand through my brown curls. I took a deep breath, looking up through the tinted frames in front of my eyes, that hid my face, at the building that stood before me.

A young man walked out of the building. He was like a bird that had just been released from its cage, relieving himself in the freedom he just received. I haven't seen him in over two decades but I'd recognise him anywhere. It was Louis.

Louis noticed me watching him from across the road and made his way over. His arms wrapped around my waist, holding me tightly. I hugged him back. Louis stepped onto the toes of my boots, pulling me by my collar to lower my face to reach his. Louis pressed a gentle kiss to my lips.

"I missed you, Haz." Louis said when our lips parted, pulling the sunglasses off my face. I hesitantly let him.

"I missed you too." I said, sliding my hand into his. We walked down the pavement.

"You haven't aged a day," He said to me.

"I haven't." There wasn't a single wrinkle on my face nor a trace of grey in my hair.

"I thought Zayn found a cure. I heard it from the news," Louis said, puzzled. "Does it not work for you?"

"I didn't take it." I admitted.

Louis narrowed his gaze at me. Lost, he questioned, "What? Why not?"

There was a long pause before I said, "I was waiting for you," I gave him a small smile. "So we could grow old together."

I fished out two crystals from my pocket and put one into Louis' small hand.

"To Larry." I said, raising my hand with the crystal in it.

"Larry?"

"Yeah, it's like 'Louis' and 'Harry', combined."

Louis chuckled and raised his crystal. "To Larry."

With that, both of us popped the crystals into our mouths and swallowed it.

"So, now that we're human again, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"I was thinking we get married."