Chapter 15

Harry pov

I jumped over the fallen tree, that was reaching to snag my ankle. Wind smacked my face and tousled my hair. Five pairs of feet, including my own, slapped on the mud. The tall trees loomed over us.

The plan was to get as far away from WOLF as possible and find a place to stay if possible.

A branch lacerated my arm, leaving a long scratch. The red gash twisted across my wrist. Sweat trickled into the wound. It stung but I ignored the pain.

The juddering of a helicopter reverberated from above us. We were well-hidden underneath the canopy of trees.

"Where are we headed?" I asked.

"I have a house somewhere here," Tina said. "It's where I stayed before moving to WOLF."

After hours of trekking, we arrived at a small cottage. A crack ran across the wooden front door. Tina pushed open the door and it fell inwards. A loud boom echoed through the house. Tina jumped, shocked by the noise. We walked in. Tina balanced the door on the entrance. The house was dark with only light shining in through dusty glass windows and gaps in the boards of the ceiling. Cobwebs lined every corner. The floor creaked with each step. There were no furniture in the house except for the single bed with a layer of grey smut on it.

Tina flung her bag onto the floor. A cloud of dust suffocated me. I coughed.

"We'll rest here before sundown." Tina said.

We sat down on the floor in a circle.

I asked Louis, "If we get caught, do you think we'll get a heavy sentence?"

Louis rubbed my head. "We won't get caught."

"I mean like- what if? You know?"

Louis let out a long sigh. "Probably," He mumbled.

"Yeah," Liam uttered. "And when they find out what you are, they might exorcise you."

Louis glared at him.

"It's just a joke. Calm down." Liam said.

"It's not a very funny joke." Louis muttered.

I dozed off leaning on Louis' shoulder. His arm rested around me comfortably.

Someone shook me awake. "Get up," Louis said in a raspy voice. "An hour to dusk."

"Gimme five more." I responded, curling into fetal position.

"Listen, we'll go out tonight and meet back here in the morning." Louis instructed.

"No." I heard Tina say. "My house, my rules." A gun cocked. My eyes shot open. I bolted upright.

I raised my palms and back off into the corner of the room where Louis, Zayn and Liam were already standing with their hands in the air. "What do you want?" I shouted at Tina.

"Perhaps, Louis could explain." Tina said, holding her fist up. From her balled hand, a ring dangled by a thin string. It was identical to the ring Louis has.

"Eleanor's ring." Louis mumbled. "Eleanor?"

Who on Earth is Eleanor?

"I'm not Eleanor. Eleanor is gone. You should know. You killed her."

"No. She's not- I didn't- I'd never-" Louis choked on his own words.

Tears streamed down Louis' cheeks. "I didn't kill her." He said in a meek voice.

"I lost her because of you! My life is ruined because of you!" Tina yelled.

"Are you going to kill us?" I asked.

"That'd be foolish. I'm turning you in." Tina responded. "Cops get here in 10."

"That's why you followed us out." I uttered. She nodded sarcastically. I yelled, "Traitor!"

Suddenly, Tina collapsed onto the floor. My eyes widened. Blood splattered out of her waist, staining her shirt. The gun dropped from her hand. The window was cracked. The front door was kicked in. Someone burst into the room. Sweat plastered dirt and grime to his face.

"Niall!" Zayn exclaimed.

"Quick, the police are coming." Niall said.

We hurried out of the cottage.

"Who the fuck is Eleanor?" I asked Louis in between breaths as we ran.

"My ex," He replied.

A leaf smacked me in the face.

"You killed your wife?!" I shouted, halting in my tracks.

"I did not kill her and I am not married." Louis insisted, holding me by my wrists. In a calmer tone, he uttered, "We were engaged but not anymore. Eleanor was bitten by a wolf and turned into a werewolf. She's the reason I'm a werewolf. We had a fight and she left me. She's out there somewhere but her life is none of my business anymore."

Just as he finished his words, we changed.