Chapter 10

I woke up the next day with my knees clicking whenever I bend and straighten them and the sound of my bones cracking as I stretched. My whole body was surprisingly sore from the mini training yesterday. It didn't occur to me that those small movements can cause such a horrid ache on my triceps.

When I got out of my spot, Mr. Huang was already in the kitchen, making some breakfast for the both of us. I took my toiletries and proceeded to walk down the short corridor to the toilet and brushed my teeth. After freshening up, I walked back to my spot to drop my toiletries and strolled into the kitchen, taking an apple and biting into it. The juice flooding my tastebuds. The sour tang stood out and it popped my eyes open.

"Good, you're awake. Now let's eat. We've got a lot to cover and I expect you to master them. Since we only have two weeks or maybe even less, we can't waste anymore time so eat up." Mr. Huang didn't even both making small talk and I followed through. I picked up the wooden chopsticks and started eating.

It was a lot of trouble trying to eat using chopsticks because I've always preferred spoons and forks over them. I've used them once or twice but my parents always told me that the way I held them was kind of weird but they never corrected me. I suspected Bryant had something to do with that because he was the one who's always believed in uniqueness and he's always encouraged me to do things differently while my parents were the more uptight ones.

It took some time for me to finish up because of my unskilled fingers in using the utensil but I finally shoved the last bit and washed up quickly. I tied up my hair and put on some deodorant to get ready to start training again. Walking out of the cabin, I jogged to where Mr. Huang was standing, eyes closed and legs slightly apart while his hands clasped together behind him.

"Today is going to be the day you revise." I frowned at that, not liking the sound of the idea.

"You mean going through that routine, again? Oh hell no. No, do you know how sore these limbs are? If I have to do another set of hitting empty air anymore, I'm not going to be the least bit surprised if they suddenly fell off my body," I ranted. No, I couldn't go through another set of that workout. No more. That one day was hell enough for me.

"Nope, you can't make me do it. I'm not doing it. That thought can burn to hell for what it's worth. Not doing it!" I yelled out, I was tired of looking like some stupid idiot, hitting the thin air in front of me. Uh, doing that for another hour with my limbs already sore like they are then? No thanks, I'd rather not.

But turns out Mr. Huang had other ideas. Minutes later, I was standing in front of him, trying to catch some paper money mid-fall. It fluttered to the ground gracefully, mocking me. You think they're falling slowly to the ground and that it's easy as fuck to catch them? Try it. It won't burn your house down, try it. I dare you. You can't call me a whiny bitch until you have tried it for half a day after hitting thin air for the other half, trying to do the near-impossible. (Make sure the fingers you'll be using to catch it is at least 2 inches away from where it'll be dropped)

Thank God he allowed me to stop and take a short break. I cherished the time I had before training started again and only then did I realize how crazy Mr. Huang might be.

'At least he's a crazy master of the martial arts rather than a crazy homeless beggar that strolls around naked in the streets,' my thoughts replied itself, flashing me memories of that one time I caught a naked man walking the streets of my bustling city. Cars were zooming by here and there and this old dude was there, strolling unbelievably slow like he's got all the time in the world. At least have the decency to cover up, dude.

There was a part of me that felt bad for the guy but I mostly felt pity for my eyes.

Back on track, stop digressing author. Focus.