Chapter 28

I woke up fairly late the next day to the pleasant chirps of birds.

Ha.

I wish.

I woke up to the yelling of the boys. I groaned and cursed the barbarians. Can't they just let me sleep in peace for once?

I stretched on my bed, my body feeling sore everywhere and my back started cramping up when I was rolling on the bed which made me immediately stop stretching.

I went into my bathroom with a set of clothes to change into after washing myself. I quickly brushed my teeth and got out of my room. The voices were getting louder, as if the two of them were trying to out-scream one another which was ridiculous. I thought these people were supposed to be adults.

"People! Shut up!" I screamed at the top of my lungs when I finally found them standing in the middle of the living room facing each other off with Adam's finger digging into Preston's chest as if he was trying to push the point he was trying to get across into Preston's being.

"What in the world are you guys screaming about this early in the morning?!" I yelled at them.

At this rate, my neighbors are going to report me to the police or something.

"Technically it's 10 in the morning but that's not important. He ate the chocolate chip muffin I saved last night when I clearly told him that I was saving it for today." Adam was glaring at Preston when he said all this. I looked at both boys disbelievingly. Yes, boys; because which men in their right mind would ever fight over a chocolate chip muffin in this hour.

"You have been screaming at each other hoarse because of a chocolate chip muffin?" I voiced my disbelief.

"He would choose chocolate chip muffin over his dear brother. I was hungry and now I'm hurt!" Preston tried to justify himself. I shook my head at what he said, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration.

Why the hell did I let these idiots stay at my house last night.

"You know how much I wanted to eat that chocolate chip muffin!" Adam continued, his eyes were still a blazing fury directed at his older brother who didn't seem to have any plans on backing down under his brother's gaze.

"I was about to die from hunger!" Preston shouted back and I shoved my hands on both of their faces to shut them up.

"If you guys won't shut up, my neighbors are going to lose their patience and soon we'll have to face the police or some shit like that so you better contain your shit!" I told them in a hiss and even though they didn't stop glaring at each other, they finally shut their trap and I let them share their hatred for each other in silence.

I walked into the kitchen and tried to find something edible to eat. I opened the fridge to find any leftovers from last night that I can heat up and was disappointed to see nothing. There was an open empty container on the counter with what looked like fried rice in them and rolled my eyes when I realized one of the cavemen must have eaten what was supposed to be my breakfast. I guess we're going out for breakfast then.

I jogged my way up to my room and grabbed my wallet and phone and ran back down to the living room where the boys were on their phones, giving each other silent treatment. I announced my plans and they were on their feet before I finished talking. I took my keys from the bowl on the small countertop near the door and led the way out to my car.

Adam took shotgun and Preston sat at the back, annoying the both of us with his imitation of Sam Smith. I didn't trust Adam enough to let him sit behind me in case he tried to choke me while I was driving. I don't think he'd care about dying as long as he was dragging me along with him and I don't want to die yet, thank you very much.