Chapter 22

The place was fairly quiet since it was still the middle of the day. It was a great contrast to the sight you see during sundown. People would be coming from every side of the area, surrounding the place and it was no happy place for any claustrophobic people. Everything was pretty much on lock down except for the back door. I checked every single entrance before I found it unlocked. I knocked on it, before someone slid a small box open and I slipped my ID inside. After a few seconds, it was slipped back to me and the door was open.

A bald and buff dude was standing there, holding the door for me and I went in without looking back. During normal circumstances, that'll be considered rude but this is the illegal world. Scrutinizing or staring at people is rude because they might take it as you trying to memorize how they look to pass it on to the police, which won't be a good thing.

Oh wait, I just realized staring is rude even when legality and police aren't involved.

My eyes roamed the place for any sign of the schedules. You might ask me why don't I just ask the dude by the door on where to get them but in this particular environment, people expect you to have a huge ass ego. An ego that's way too big to be cut down to ask for directions or help. It sucked but it's just how you blend in. Or at least that's how I try to blend in. I'm not very observant you see, but at least I do try. It's the effort that counts right? No? Okay.

I still walked around the place, not exactly fully knowing where to turn or go. I probably looked like a loon wandering around the place and getting lost all by myself. Someone suddenly cleared their throat down the hallway from where I walk through. I whisked around and squinted. The hallway wasn't well lit and I could barely make out the details on the person. It was definitely a she. I could see her curves clearly from miles away from the tight top she was wearing. I walked towards the figure cautiously stopping a safe distance away. I wasn't going to be one of those sexist dickwads and underestimate the woman just because she's a female.

"You searching for something?" She asked to me and I recognized her as the woman who guided me through the halls during one of my matches here. Her tattoo sleeves helped me identify her and her hair was still in unruly strands that made her look fierce.

"I was looking for the fight schedules." I told her with the best emotionless look I could muster. Emotions at this place would be a bad sign. To me, this was the nest of the enemies and it was mandatory for me to stay alert at all times.

The lady motioned for me to follow her and she walked back to the way I took after stepping through the door and where I took a left, she took a right instead. She led me to a room and told me to wait outside. She unlocked the room with a key and when she opened the doors, the sharp smell of fresh paint hit my nose and I tried to refrain from scrunching up my nose at the harsh stench. She went into the room and came back out a few seconds later with a piece of paper that she handed to me.

I looked at it and checked that it was the correct schedule by looking at the dates. I raised my gaze to the lady and nodded thanks before turning around towards the door whilst silently wishing that I won't get lost trying to find my exit. That would be a complete bummer.

Luckily, I got out of the place without getting lost and got back home just in time for dinner. My parents were home but since neither of them can cook, we went out to one of their favorite Thai restaurant. Some would prefer homemade food than takeouts or these fancy food but that just wasn't the case for me. You can't miss what you've never had you know.

Well that's excluding the times Nana was visiting and wasn't too lazy to whisk one of her pork chops for dinner.

Those are inarguably the best meal anyone can ever taste.