Chapter 45

Two days after the fight and I still felt as roughed up as I did an hour after the fight.

Rolling around and out of bed was not an option because every move I made forced a grunt out of my lips.

I still had to go to school today and with the way I was limping everywhere, I'd need a miracle to go unnoticed around school.

I didn't want to miss a day of school if it was possible so calling in sick was definitely not an option.

When my alarm went off, I gingerly stepped out of bed and tried to make minimum sudden movements.

I carefully made my way to my closet and took some clothes to change into before limping away into the toilet.

To say that every movement aches like a bitch was an understatement and I can only pray that it'll all dull away somehow before my last fight. I needed to win that shit.

I could only hope my opponent would be in a worse condition than I was. It's probably the only way I can win the fight.

After getting myself cleaned up, I tried to make myself as presentable as I could. I never liked the feeling of my face getting caked up with make up and so I sent a quick thanks to God for not getting any hits to my face during that last fight.

I still had deep bags under my eyes and a small cut here and there on my face but nothing that required heavy make up.

I quickly took a hoodie with me, planning to make myself as comfortable as possible during the lectures.

Lucky me, my parents were called for an emergency board meeting for another week. Right after my last fight.

When they come back, everything was going to be right. No more fighting, no more danger, no more vengeance.

I didn't know how long it's been since there was peace in my life. It's been years since I started fighting in the Underground place that I've forgotten what it felt like to live without being on edge every second of every day.

I grabbed my things on my way out and drove off to school.

When I arrived and parked, I took a deep breath to steel myself. I sent a quick prayer for strength to get through moving around this huge ass campus and opened the car door before shifting sideways to get out of the car.

I took small steps to avoid sharp pains from shooting through my body while everyone else walked around me, some taking a double take at my pace.

At one point, I realized I had to climb the stairs to get to one of my classes and I internally groan. The urge to cry in frustration was so hard that I had to take a second to calm myself down and convince myself to not fret about it.

Burn that bridge when you get to it, Case.

I focused on not getting trampled by the ruthless University students that were shoving away without a care. I almost punched someone in the face for elbowing the side of my head but I decided it wasn't worth the pain.

I better save it for the last fight, I'll certainly need everything I can muster if I was going to survive that fight.

10 minutes into the lecture after a long struggle of getting to the auditorium, I begun questioning my motives of going to school today.

What was I bloody thinking?

Since I'm here now, I guess it was a pointless question to ask myself. I'll just keep fighting through the day and hope people in the corridor won't trample me to death.

I can't die yet, I still have to fight and win.

After the lecture, I have an hour break before I have a tutorial to attend. I looked left to the staircases I have to climb to get to class and then right to where the on-campus restaurants were at.