Chapter 15

I let out a grunt at the impact of the punch. My cheek started to throb like a bitch. Tears sprung up onto my eyes and blurred my vision for a second before I tried regulating my breathing pattern.

Okay, you got this. You got this.

I caught sight of Levy's torn expression and spat at the ground when I tasted a metallic and bitter taste of blood in my mouth.

I moved forward quickly while he was distracted and threw a quick jab to his jaw which hurt my knuckles but did a lot to satisfy the burning frustration.

The fight's been going on for a few minutes now and somehow I've ran out of ideas on how to manipulate this whole thing to make it an advantage for me.

I've gotta get a grip of myself. I received way more hits than he did. I could practically feel the tension radiating off Mr. Huang.

No, I can't fail him. I came to him for help and if I fail to win this fight he might think that I'm not improving and that he's wasting his time in trying to teach me anything.

I got to my stance again, this time watching every detail of what I'm doing. Nothing can be out of place.

Levy delayed a few seconds for me and stood back, pretending that he was trying to catch his breath too even though it was obvious he could do this for the next half an hour.

This apparently enraged Mr. Klovski since he started screaming his head off on how Levy missed the window.

"You idiot! Don't stall! What are you doing?!" Levy didn't seem to care enough to heed the yelling though. He simply bent over, shoulders hunched and hands resting on his knees.

I raised an eyebrow after getting into my stance and he immediately straightened out.

The idiot. Always so horrible in acting as if he wasn't even trying to be convincing.

He came for me again, he's fist aiming my face and I quickly dodged it with a quick side step to my left. I blocked the hit but didn't let it lose contact with my hand. The second it wasn't aiming at my face anymore, I quickly got a proper hold of it and hooked my other hand to his inner elbow, running behind him and used the hand connected to Levy to grab a fistful of his shirt to hold on to. I kicked his kneecap to make him fall to his knees and bowing down with his cheek pressed against the ground, not letting the lock I have on him go the whole time.

I patted myself mentally. Bryant would've been proud. He taught me about this movement when I was only 14.

When he tapped out and started wincing in pain, I immediately let go and stepped back. Levy stood up slowly, rolling his shoulders. I wished I could say that I was sorry but I think we're pretty even now considering the blow he landed on me.

Mr. Klovski looked furious but I decided to not gauge the guy's anger, no matter how fun it would be.

"I'm going to take a walk, Mr. Huang." He nodded at me and turned to Mr Klovski while I turned to start my walk.

I could hear the shoutings behind me on how the asshole was accusing Levy on holding back because I was a girl. I vaguely heard how he demanded a rematch but by then, I was too far to hear anything he was saying.

Suddenly, there were heavy footsteps behind me and when I turned, I saw Levy.

"Hey, Pix! Wait up!" I slowed my pace and waited for him to catch up with me without stopping. I felt his presence right beside me before I got straight to business.

"What do you want?"

"Come on dude, don't be mad at me. It isn't my fault Klovski happens to have some weird grudge against your- well, whoever he is to you." I scoffed at his bullshit.