Chapter 30

It was safe to say that I was not emotionally stable the night that I was supposed to fight but I don't really have a choice, do I?

I was standing in right beside the stairs that led to the fighting ring, the crowd's roars ringing in my ears. It repulsed me how excited they were to watch such violence and it repulsed me even more when I remembered I was the one who was providing them that entertainment. It made my stomach churn but I quickly got a grip of myself. I made my decision that I can't let myself get killed. Too much was at stake. I was so close to having my family and all the people i love within safety. I just need to beat Cole. But I have to climb my way up that ladder first, fight every guy I have to fight to get there.

I need to do whatever it takes. Anyone who takes a good look at me would see how unstable I was, the scorning looks I got from the lady who usually calls me out from the dressing room was proof of that. She doesn't think I'll make it through the night. But I have to. I don't have any other choice.

I tried to calm myself, to push the thoughts that seemed like it was glued to my head aside and focus on the fight.

When my name was called out, I shook my hands lightly and exhaled a puff of air, pretending it was all of my worries and steeled my expression as best as I can. I'm going to win this fight.

I stopped short in front of my opponent. I was shocked to see a woman this time. Since my time in this competition, I have yet to seen another female competitor and to finally meet one now was surprising. So close to the semi-finals. This woman smirked at the sight of my leaner figure. Her body was all muscles and she was probably half a foot taller than me. She is definitely to the bulkier side as she flexed her arm that I'm guessing was a move that was supposed to intimidate me.

Her cockiness is going to be her downfall. I would've thought that being a woman, she'd know better from the other male fighters that you shouldn't underestimate someone of smaller size than you. She was bulky but she wouldn't hold a candle beside the male competitors.

The bell run and she stood back on her heels, apparently deciding to give me an opportunity to strike as she beckoned me with her finger and a smug smirk with one of her eyebrows raised cockily.

I gave her a deadpan look and barreled straight into her, nailing her on the midriff and pushing her as hard as I could to slam her back on the ring's hard floor. I straddled her body and started punching. I started aiming at her nose when she started covering her temples after I got a few blows in. Out of nowhere, she had a death grip on the left shoulder with her right hand and yanked me to my right and I ended up rolling off her with my back glued to the floor and she was the one on top now.

I crossed my ankles to lock my feet around her waist and yanked her back with my legs when she was about to punch me, making her miss.

When I noticed her losing her balance after she missed her shot, I yanked her forward again to punch her square in the face before yanking her back before she can get back at me for that punch. I repeated this a couple more times to maximize the damage I can put in on her before she can figure out my rhythm and wrestle her way out.

After having my fun of yanking her back and forth like a rag doll, I rolled us to the side abruptly and got to my feet as quickly as possible to put the much needed distance between us for it to be safe.

Her eyes narrowed at me as she scrambled up to stand on her two feet. There was a trail of blood coming out of her nose and a bruise forming on her left cheek and her eyes were getting swollen. I did quite the number on her.

I could see the anger in her eyes when we locked eyes and it reminded me of my own when I looked into them this morning. Anger that was coated with so much hatred I have trouble figuring which was which. The similarity between the look in her eyes and my own this morning was that they were both directed at me.