Seven

"Hey guys, I am here sitting in the lounge of the airport and there are still two hours left. You can see my team mates who are making bad faces to spoil the video but I am also very resilient. It is going to be the first world cup of my life and I am so excited. Keep supporting me as you always did. Keep sending your love and trust me I observe every message here.

See how ridiculously our Captain is yawning at the moment. Hahaha, this man is going to lead us.

Okay this is it from now. See you in the fields. Sending you love from the airport. Take care of yourself. Bye."

And she smiled a little. 

Pressing the power button she got up and picked her favourite novel. Sitting in the railing of the window, she opened the bookmarked page and a bird came closer. She pouted to her and it flew away.

...............

There were millions, heads and heads only. 

He was observing them from the small glass window and his heart was thumping. He was feeling a little nauseated but this feeling was temporary. People had spent their money just to observe his magic, live. He slowly turned and made a quick phone call to his mother. It seemed that even she was waiting so she received at the first beep. He was talking to her and the crowd was cheering. It was the opening match of the tournament so special fireworks were painting the sky.

"Inna Zalika Alal'lahe Yaseer

Ji Ammi, I am perfectly okay now. I have trust in Allah and he will make me win."

...........

It was a cloudy day there with great humidity in air. He started running from the viewers' end and the world witnessed a leopard disguised as a man. He slightly turned his arm and his face displayed the force he was exerting. The grip on the ball in his fist tightened and he released it in making a sharp straight line. The crowd was screaming and the white ball was travelling. Men with grey hair already knew the result and he was just observing the wickets with his body still bent round. 

The ball was travelling fast. The stadium was gradually getting silent as the circular body was getting close. It finally hit the batting pad slightly and turned to disturb the three wooden sisters.

Out

The wicket

The first World Cup wicket

The spectators were pounding and shouting. There was some music of celebration also making waves in the air and his head was on the green ground. Meanwhile when the scoreboard was changing he was exclaiming with joy as his team mates had lifted him in the air due to the dismissal of the world's best opening batsman.

A hand was wiping the tear slipped from the red, puffy eye.

Miles away.

.........

"Why you brought me here?" Some manly voice appeared in the dark room.

"You are too young, boy."

"Why are you doing it? I am no young. If you are planning to do some dangerous acts then I am only going to report you." Same man spoke.

"We just want a favor. Nothing special."

"I am not interested in doing any favor."

"You have to do a simple work only. When you will be going back you just have to transport this case safely in your handbag, maybe."

"Am I only the foolish man here to do this? Go and take any other helper. I will never do it."

"You will never need money again in your life, kid. You are like my own son and I would never want to engage my son in danger."

"I have to go."

"You cannot go now. The doors are closed."

---------------------------------

AssalamoAlaikum.

I am sorry for a short update but I am very busy today. A cliffhanger is introduced in this chapter and now the test is starting for my writing skills. 

Thank you so much for your views, reads, votes and comments. Some of my regular readers who leave their presence are my backbone. A big round of applause for you all.

Byeeee..

Allah Hafiz.

*When I wrote that live session scene, I was feeling a plain heartache. I, even today, do not know why it happened.*