Twenty Four

She had been with Mish since whole day. Exclaiming like a teenager she was not looking like a married woman. Kinza had missed those all flavors in her abrupt marriage and now when Mish was blushing at the name of her fiancé she was remembering the very recent past. It was more than a month since her marriage but she was the same; the girl who used to crave for his single glance, the girl who became an insomniac after peaceful slumbers, the girl whose prince charming was busy in setting his own life.

While taking a short nap she recalled the morning, early morning, when she was staring him jogging on the beautiful pavement. That perpendicular window had always helped her in looking for him. When she entered in the room the empty couch and bed worried her again but soon her eyes found him, appearing as the smallest dot in the scene against them. He was not facing her so the circumstances were in favor. Staring right from the window of his room she tilted her head and dopatta fell on her shoulder. He was now hiccupping after a great run and her hand had stretched involuntarily to wipe away the sweat on his forehead. Pulling it back, Kinza was smiling.

He took another hour for making the red bricked pavement his. He was taking the turn to the home when he sat on the nearby bench and his manager gave him the water bottle. She was observing the throbbing veins of his neck and heaved muscles of his arms and the goose bumps were irritating her. He was getting closer to the main gate when his eyes suddenly caught her. He rested there and covered his hands on his back. She was getting extremely confused but it was difficult to escape as Abdullah had seen her already. She slowly lifted her eyes to his face and he smiled back. A stream of red covered her face and Abdullah smirked. She was hyperventilating so without thinking of the other stupid reasons of stay she quickly turned away leaving the curtains cherishing.

She was lying in the Mish's bed and he was continuously striking her thoughts. When he was out of the country then she had felt her insane intolerance towards his non-presence but breathing in the same city, apart, was difficult, more difficult. Now it was four already and he was coming to pick her. Getting up, she quickly made herself in a fine state. Soon they were travelling back to home when he said,

"It would be good for you if you sleep for an hour or two otherwise you would not enjoy the ceremony. I have to see my lawyers so I would just drop you home and will be back by eight."

Kinza was also feeling tired so she welcomed his offer with open arms.

......

She looked at herself from every angle and each supported the fact that she was looking gorgeous. The rust colored sequins blouse with tight full sleeves looked breathtaking with the grey chiffon sari with rust floral print on the bottom. Sliding the bracelet in her wrist she again lifted her eyes and the mirror witnessed again. The free strands coming out from the beautiful twisted bun were moving in air merrily. She was comfortable enough as the men and women had different sittings.

Slipping the earring in her ear she closed her eyes. With her head tilted on her shoulder she looked at the heels placed beside the couch. It was eight already and Abdullah did not show up yet. A little worried she switched her glance to her wrist watch and sighed. She decided not to wear heels until he came and moved to the lounge. She was looking regal. The sari cascaded through the stairs and Amna exclaimed in joy.

"Oh my goodness! How beautiful she is looking, Ammi!" Helping her through the last step she said.

A big grin spread on Ammi's lips and she cupped her face. Kinza was blushing badly and the little girls were excited as their lovely auntie who used to give them candies without making their mothers know was looking like a real princess. Hira's daughter gently kissed her cheek and laughed. She reciprocated by hugging her tightly. They all were enjoying the cartoons when Abdullah suddenly entered in the lounge. Kinza got uneasy but Abdullah did not see her. He hurriedly greeted Ammi and his sisters and climbed the stairs towards his room. Kinza's eyes followed him going dressed in that blue t-shirt and jeans and she relieved her tight muscles. The time was moving fast when she realized that she should wear heels so she got up and moved.