Last Chapter

"Today, I am able to say that my teacher was right. A pious spouse is the blessing, a real blessing. I had been wandering lately but now I have a meaningful life to think for.

You entered as the abrupt stroke of breeze in my life and I was afraid of any hurricane. The last few hours had been the most difficult time of my life. I have faced atrocities of fate but this was like if someone was killing me. I was feeling stabbed, a hundred times. I was nourishing love and the seeds were buried deep in my heart. The insecurities, desires and wishes mean nothing when there is fear. There was fear. 

I have always yearned for someone who could listen to me. I am the center of attention now but I have seen the times when people used to disgrace me. I wear expensive clothes but my arms had tolerated the weight of cheap bricks. I was young, very young, when the responsibility made me awake. I had to feed my family with no male member. My sisters were waiting for marriages and my mother used to cry every time. I took the decision at that time; the decision of not dreaming again. I buried the real Abdullah in the graveyard of my heart and continued spreading mud on his grave. Cricket was in my blood and I made no effort to reach the stadiums. I knew that this single wish would never stop flowing with my blood and I permitted it.

When I was dying every second on that bed I had wished for someone who would be with me, on my side. My family was giving me doubtful looks and it was the most dreadful time, even greater than that evening in that dark room. I had begged for my death. I had cried for removing the stains. I was helpless, totally helpless but then you entered in my life. Your healing fingers made that mud away and you uncovered the dreamer in me. I was perplexed at this decision of marriage and I was completely sure that we would part our ways someday but I was shattering again. I was not familiar to you but now I am. I had always slept by the echoing bangles, yes, those red bangles. It was new. It was different. 

I can never forget the moment when I held your hand for the very first time and it trembled. An extreme wave ran through my body. It was for the very first time when I touched somebody. Today I know what it was. It was love, the same love that was sleeping in my heart. I wanted to say it all and make you mine but I was afraid of that hurricane. It haunted me. I had started dreaming but my inner eyes painted them in black. I can never forget the night when you applied analgesic on my aching foot. I never wanted you to touch my feet but that was the time when I felt like someone has finally reached at the suffering corners of my soul. I did not like it but I wanted it to continue. Your bangles were again echoing against my foot and the relief was inexpressible. 

I cannot depict in words what I think of you. I am famous but deep inside I am a lay man whose life depends on his family. I am now a different man. I started changing for you, for me. It is selfish but yes I wanted to change for myself. I was tired of this dull life. Today when I see your accessories here on my dressing table, my bathroom, my wardrobe, my bed; I feel blessed. My life always lacked it. I have a mad crowd after me with lust in their eyes for me but never any such woman was my priority. I did not like marrying for this mere reason but your eyes were crystal clear when I saw you.

It was hard to control myself but now as you are reading it then you can feel the intensity of my love for you. I am going for a while and you are still sleeping when I am writing it. I was astonished last night and I was not able to tell you what I felt for you. You are my life, my wife.

Keep waiting.

I will be back soon.

Just blink your eyes.

Hubsy-Love. "

She blinked her eyes and then folded the paper again. A smile was stretched on her lips. Last night was after ages when she slept peacefully. Abdullah was awestruck and she was wonderstruck. The rain had gifted them fever but even her hot body was not capable to bear the burning sensations on her skin. She never knew that he loved her.