Nineteen

It was six in morning and Kinza was still sleeping. A chill breezy stroke touched her face and she moved. Pulling the comforter nearer she was somehow awake. Suddenly the book in her hand dropped and she came into her senses. Picking it from the rim of the couch she was wondering on the atmosphere around her. She had not slept since two days and now after a peaceful slumber of almost twelve hours she was attentive. She cleared her neck from the wrapped dopatta and placed it aside. Her feet were feeling warm in the comforter when on the spur of the moment she noticed how that comforter came on her body. Moving her fingers through the messy hair she looked at the chair beside and her sleepy eyes squeezed a little. For a very brief instant her heart witnessed the correctness of the signals passing through her body and in the thousandth part of the next second she was feeling goose bumps on her arms.

It was indeed a pleasure that she did not misperceive him as Hira, Amna or Ammi. She had complete trust in the antennas of her heart. They were right, every time.

...

Clicking the door slowly, Kinza was extraordinarily careful to not wake Abdullah up. Making a hissing sound with the movement of the door she peeked into the all bright room. Relaxing her tightened body she entered and closed the door while looking for him. She found that the dressing room was open and he was not there. Worried a little she moved to that glass window and lowered her head. Her eyeballs were relieved soon when they caught him reading something while sitting in the lawn chair. Smiling at his sporty attire she turned back and went into the dressing room.

...

Days were passing at a brisk pace and their life was waiting to be replenished again; with any magical moment, although very brief, very quiet, very spell-bounding, very beautiful.

 Abdullah was busy in packing his stuff for the forthcoming trial and she was helping him in silent ways. Kinza was also worried for her exams and the worst-ever preparation. In some corner of heart the tiny bud of love wanted to enchant but he was going, again. It has been three continuous nights of her sleeping in the study area and him waiting. She wanted to behave normally but the eastern girl in her soul was craving for any move from his side. Abdullah was helpless in his own ways. He everyday overcame the undying desire to meet her but he was silent. He did not want to disturb her mind. He did not want to overload her shoulders with the plethora of his wishes. He was able to understand the pressure of success on that favourite student. He had been through it as well but his days were different. There were many to support her but he had to do menial jobs at the eve of his exams. He had to calculate the probability of sums when his own future was uncertain.

Kinza was continuously hiding her tears from the eyes of everyone but his were sharp. Abdullah knew the reason behind those drops of water but in some or other way he was learning to tenderize his heart. He knew that she was sad as he was going to fly on the day of her first exam. Even the timing of his flight was same as her dismissal. She was craving for a small talk but the circumstances were turning oppositely. She always stole a glance but her soul was asking for a glare, a deep glare. She was feeling as if her mind was getting tired of the dull life. 

Reading through the thick pages of dry books she always wondered where destiny was taking her. Living in the same house under the same roof they were behaving as strangers. Both of them were combating the dilemma of love, unsaid love. Everyone there was observing their lifestyle but none of them wanted to throw a pebble in the stagnant waters of their life just to prevent her from any disturbance.

Finally the day arrived for which Kinza had prepared a lot and survived a lot. She was checking her pens and he was busy in confirming the seat number. They both were in their room and she was observing him noting something on a paper. He was talking on phone and it seemed that he had no time to just look at her. He was discussing the details with his lawyers and they all were to go together. Kinza was feeling useless sitting in the couch as that giant bed was her dream, faded dream. She got up and moved towards the dressing room and the trail was followed by two saddened eyeballs. She picked her turquoise coloured dress and moved into the bathroom.