YOU GOT A...FIVE?

A mangled cobweb of thoughts threaded a needle across the insanity and sanity of Sophie's muddled mind. A lion that wasn't tame—wanted freedom.
-Evaluation Notes, Owner, Unknown.

____

PRESENT DAY
Oct, 7th 2018

LEAVES crunched beneath the soles of her petite boots, after the two collide. Midnight's watchful creatures scurried about in the woods, dissipating from the creature that was already ambling on into their territory.

"Sophie, where are you?" Captain's deep, authoritative voice startled the youngster in the slumberous hours of darkness. Crouching low behind a tree's trunk, her fingers pressed a small button on the blue-tooth snuggled in her ear. All that was sound throughout the night, was the steady rhythm of her respiratory. "Sophie Adams, do you read? What's your position, I repeat."

"Don't get your panties in a bunch, Cap, I'm fine. I'm on the east end of the brick building, hiding in the bushes." Her breath ignited into small puffs of smoke, warming the chilly air. The soft, yet delicately rough callus of her fingertips, brushed down the old Maple foliage's trunk. Adrenaline stirred a course in her system, well rooting itself. "I'm going in now." She warned, but abruptly desisted her right leg at the commanding pressure of his voice.

"No Sophie, you'll go on my count." Huffing irritably, she annoyingly rolled her eyes, the beginning stages of yet another one of her fiery quarrels fastening inside.

"But—"

"No buts, you will do as I say as your Captain, understood?" I don't like him sometimes, she thought miserably. Why does he have to get so bossy at times? In her sharp mind, memories came and went, recollecting something interesting. Steve was not like this with Natasha most times, although, Mother Russia didn't exactly listen to him either.

Resisting her muscles the urge to run out of her hiding spot, she groaned angrily, already regretting tapping a finger to her blue-tooth and answering. "Yes, sir."

Static was heard until Steve spoke up again. "Clint, you stay on the roof and scout out anything," He paused, "Unusual, that shouldn't be walking where it should." The soft edge of Sophie's lip, distinctively curled into a smirk, but soon the expression fades faster then it came. The relationship between her and the Avengers was more less a love hate one. She was still in the tender rawness of the equation, still undoubtedly new to the whole team and their strategies. The only familiar one she could tolerate was Clinton.

"Natasha, how are you making it inside?" The Captain's tone drove the cloudy daze over Sophie's eyes, to clear up with but a blink. Silence slipped over the team waiting for the famous Black Widow to respond. "Natasha, status?"

Silence again.

Worry enveloped in Steve's next few words. "Natasha, what's going on?" Fuzz remained on the other line throughout all of their ear pieces, then suddenly, a muffled, shaky, out of breath Black Widow gruffly yelled.

"Geeze, you're more annoying then Clint was in Budapest." Chuckles circled around the group of supernatural individuals, all scattered in far distances around the old factory housing a known terrorist organization inside: Hydra.

"Nat—"

"Just give me a sec!" Irritation bounced off her voice shouting at Captain America. A heavy exhale of air released from her lips as she breathed out before replying, "Laboratory secure."

"Good job Nat, now—"

"Wow, make a person feel like they're in preschool. Do I get a sticker for my job well done too, Cap?" Natasha mocked, rather cheerily.