AND YOU ARE?

She moves with a tranquil stealth. She no longer frets over hurting me when she comes to punch, she comes in and kills. Even coming up on me without my notice—little cub is finally showing signs of a tiger.
-Evaluation Notes, Owner, Unknown.

____

HER knee immediately drove up into Steve's groin. "I said, let go, of me." Sophie seethed. A smirk silently danced across her lips seeing the gentleman bent over groaning in unforgiving pain. "And next time, I'll make darn sure you won't be able to have kids."

"N-nice to m-meet you, too," Steve breathed, sharply in taking and exhaling each word.

"Okay, okay." Clint gently said as he came between them and shoved Sophie away from the man he called his 'Captain.' "Chill out Sophie. Gosh, you've grown." He exaggerated, staring the little lady up and down like she was someone new, someone he never knew. Then again, he never truly knew her. "When did you get so..." he paused, carefully finding the correct word, "scary...and strong?"

Sophie took a step forward and pointed a stern finger to his chest. "What are you doing on my parents property? Why are you in my house!? You have no right, no right to-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm down." Clint grasped her shoulders to slow down and hopefully calm down her temper. "I can explain." He softly told, leveling their eyes. As this went on, the Captain watched as the two seemed to communicate with their eyes. Clint nodded in reassurance, or perhaps had asked her something the Captain was left in the dark not knowing. After a skeptical second, Sophie felt inclined to nod back.

"Ya...I'd like an explanation too." Both of them looked over at Clint's partner. He seemed to have regained himself and steadily, with tender steps, ambled on over to Sophie and Clint. Suddenly, Sophie was being swallowed up in the ocean blues of Clint's colleague's eyes. Anger dripped everywhere from the man, his eyes even turned a darker shade of blue.

"Who's he?" Sophie requested, flickering her head to the stranger.

Clint sighed in relief and looked to his Captain, then back to Sophie. "This is Captain America."

Sophie immediately swivels her eyes back to Captain America, her cheeks turning a nasty pink hue of embarrassment. "Hello kid." He greeted, sneering down upon the child with as much aggression she had given him earlier. Sophie threw a solid glare back at him. Showing no mercy against his hard expressions.

The Captain's anger towards Sophie reflected in the man's eyes. He was annoyed with the youngster, and she, too, was irritated with the gentleman. And yet, only one thing struck her.

Boooy, did I just make a good impression on America's first and righteous superhero.

Sophie ogled back to Clint. "What are you doing here, and how many more of you guys are here? I fought with someone else in the house, who was he?"

"That was Thor," answered Captain, sharply continuing to gaze an icy glare towards Sophie. A quick flicker of their eyes met until she broke away and focused her attention back to Clint for better confirmation.

"Yes, that was Thor, and Black Widow is around back with Hulk. Iron Man is also here, he's securing the perimeter." Clint breathed out, justifying why he and the rest of his team were there. "We were on a mission when things went downhill. Our aircraft was blown to bits, our communications are down, and we have nowhere to go and no one to contact. We needed a place to sleep and rest for the night. We walked for an hour till we found this house."

Sophie studied Captain America as Clint spoke and noticed the fatigue circling under their eyes for the first time. The novelties of embarrassment and empathy hit her strongly.