Chapter 3: Freedom

Sorry that this took so long and that it's a bit short. I've been busy and lazy so hopefuly I'll have the next chapter by Saturday.

Akatsuki looked shocked at the man who claimed to be the second Prince of Clarines. Now she was in BIG trouble.

Seeing how Shirayuki was surprised too she, Shirayuki, stuttered and said, "Ze-Zen... get a hold of yourself. Do you know who I am?"

"I'm still sober Shirayuki. You see, just in case I got myself accustomed to poisons." Zen said with a faint smile of assurance.

'He lookes pale.' Akatsuki thought.

"However I never thought that I'd be poisoned by the Prince of a neighboring kingdom." Zen said as he slowly approached Prince Raji.

Panicked, he stepped back and looked behind him for confirmation that what Zen said was true and not some bluff to frighten him.

The blonde girl holding a dagger to one of Prince Raji's guard's neck said, "He's the real thing."

Followed by the green haired guy who said, "Right buddy?"

The guard with a dagger to his neck said, "H-he's telling the truth! He has the crest on his belongings..."

A bit flustered the foolish prince laughed.

"Fufufu. Is there any evidence that I...that I poisoned the apples?!"

"There should be some around, right? For example, something left in your residents. You wouldn't mind an official search, right?"

"Th-...! That's..."

Now in his face Zen smirked.

"Or should I deal with you myself, stupid Prince."

Prince Raji gulped in fear when Zen rose his sword, but instead of drawing it out to slay the foolish prince, Zen just said, "If you don't want me to reveal your foolish behavior this time to the public- swear to never involve yourself with Shirayuki or her sister, and never call thier names again."

The twins looked shocked. Akatsuki touched by the fact that he was not just defending Shirayuki, but her as well.

"...why even thier names..."

Clang

"Should I make you swear with my sword?" Prince Zen threatened.

Putting his hands up and falling backwards Prine Raji yelled, "I got it! I swear! I just swore!"

Prince Zen then turned back to Shirayuki to say, "Shirayuki! I'm sure you have tons of things to tell him. If you want to tell him off, now's the time."

His eyes locked on to hers saying, 'Go ahead.'

"...ok." She finally says.

Bending down to pick up the apple Prince Raji dropped, she walked over to him. Crouching down to be face to face with Raji, she thrust the apple in his face. He jumped back in panick. The apple being only two centimeters from his face.

"This fell. Also-hurry up and give Zen the antidote!"

After that, Prince Zen and his two aids along with Shirayuki and Akatsuki were lead into an empty room where Zen could take the antidote.

"Thank you."

After Zen had drunk the antidote he handed the empty bottle to the green haired guy and took the cloth to wipe his lips from the blonde women.

"What was that Shirayuki? And why are you sitting up straight on the floor?"

Akatsuki just stood beside her sister, wondering the same thing.

"You helped both me and my sister...but I'm sorry. I...was only poison to you."

"Am I suppose to laugh there? Hahah." Zen fake laughed as he took two separate ends of the cloth he had wiped his mouth with, raising up one side and the other down until he stopped.

"Is it because the poisoned apple I ate is red like your hair?"

"It's kind of...different." Shirayuki said finally raising her head up.

"It's ok Shirayuki." The blond said.

"It's not something you're to apologize about. Zen ate the apple himself."

"Kiki..."-Shirayuki

"But you really had us worried Zen! Mitsuhide even said that if you died, he'd die, and then got all teary eyed too."

"I got it it, got it! Sorry about that. Next time i'll have Mitsuhide taste test it."-Zen joked.

"That's not the point!" Mitsuhide yelled.

Zen then got up from his chair and knelt infront of Shirayuki.

"Shirayuki, do you still remember what I said in the forest? That me being with you now is fate which is something I'm happy about. You meet us in the forest that you entered. We got involved and now we protect each other. Will it end now, or will it continue to connect us? It is up to you to decide."

"...No...that...is that something I can decide?"

"Of course, I too decide my own fate. Wiether you walk that path or not depends on you."

'The way he speaks, he truly is a prince.' Akatsuki said to herself.

"What's your answer, Shirayuki?" Zen asked.

A genuine smile on his face as he stretched a hand for Shirayuki to grab. With a smile on her own face she took his hand.

"Well Akatsuki?" Her twin asked.

Akatsuki smiled and took her sisters hand.

"That's really a great way of living, Prince Zen." Akatsuki said.

Then together the twins said, "I will."

After that it was like Akatsuki could hear the turning pages of her story like footsteps, a sound she wished to hear.

"He's just showing off though. His immediate fate would be returning to the castle and getting people mad at him for sneaking out the castle for a few days again."-Mitsuhide

"And we will suffer the same fate. Wonderful, wonderful."-Kiki

"Oh how rude, we never really introduced ourselves. That's Mitsuhide, Kiki, and I'm Zen. Sorry for the misunderstanding." The handsome Prince said to Akatsuki.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Akatsuki. Let's all get along, okay?"