Chapter 16: Questions

"Uhm, your highness? I understood that you wanted to speak with me but-" I quickly block his attack before it could strike my abdomen.

After the First Prince Izana asked who I really was I didn't know how to respond. What had he meant by that? I tried to think of a response but before anything else could be said he had maids take me away to be fitted into 'suitable' attire. Now here I am, sword fighting with the soon to be King of Clarines. How do I get myself into these situations?

"Why while sword fighting?"

"Since I got back I've done nothing but paper work."

"So you wanted a change of pace?"

"That and..." He blocked my sword and we were left in an stalemate. Our swords quivered against each others. "I wanted to test your skills since you are part of the castles defense."

Putting an end to our stalemate the prince with a sudden burst of force pushed my sword back. I stumbled back and he with ease disarmed me. He was strong. Much stronger than me. I go to pick up my sword and I ready to battle all over again. Looking him over he looked good in his casual clothes. His sun kissed hair tied back into a ponytail and his toned body structure could clearly be seen through his clothes. Snapping out of my daze I strike first.

"What did you want to speak to me about?" I query as he blocks another one of my attacks.

"You."

"Me? Why?"

"You're a unknown foreigner with odd color hair who befriended my little brother and made their way into the castle by becoming a palace guard."

"I guess my sister and I do seem a bit suspicious." I say with a nervous laugh.

I was on the defensive skillfully dodging his attacks.

"Well," I say as I bend backwards to dodge the wooden sword that was thrusted towards my face. "My name is Akatsuki. I am eighteen years old..." I lunge and our swords meet with a loud 'clank'. "I have a twin sister... named Shirayuki and we... were both born in Tan... barun." I say through clenched teeth. With all my might I push forward and get ready to unleash a barrage of attacks. "Back at home I was the towns blacksmith."

I start attacking but he with ease parries and deflects all of my blows. I draw my arm back for another attack but with such speed the prince reared behind me and I felt the wooden stick slightly pressed into my back. That's another loss for me.

"That concludes my introduction." I say with a light sigh.

"Is what you told me the truth?" He readies his sword once more. A gold strand falls into his face.

"If there's anything else you wish to know just ask."

This time the Prince himself initiated the attack.

"You say that you're eighteen."

"That's right."

"Tell me about you're parents."

"My mother's dead and I've never meet my father. I was raised by my grandparents."

He rose his brow at this. By now I was with ease overwhelmed by his offensive power and fell to the ground. My sword flew from my hand. "I'm never going to beat you am I." I conclude with a light chuckle.

Izana held his handout to help me up and I gratefully took it. His hand wrapped firmly against my own and with ease I was lifted and tumbled into his chest. Both of my hands were placed on his chest to break the impact and his arms loosely wrapped around me to keep me steady. His chest was hard and warm against by small calloused hands. A moment went by before he let go and I stepped away.

"Not likely." The Prince said with a small smile. "Well then, that's enough for today. If you'd excuse me."

As he began to walk away before he left the room he called over his shoulder saying, "You should eat a little more, you're way to light."

With that he was gone and I was left alone. I replayed our conversation and couldn't help but wonder if he'd possibly thought me to be someone else.

But who could I possibly remind him of?

Hey. Hi. How are you. Good, that's great. Oh me? Yeah, great, yah know being lazy, procrastinating and attempting to study for my up coming regents. Btw the last of em was today and I don't think I did too hot. Any who, sorry for being a lazy piece of crap who hasn't bothered to update for like 7 MONTHS. I had some trouble writing this chapter so after writing something I'd delete it and then come back to it like a month later only to repeat that same process over and over and over and over and you get the gist.

Originally I was going to have him call her into the office like he did Shirayuki. Maybe have some tea or somethin but that idea didn't sit well for me. This chapter kinda just happened. But then again so do all the rest. It's short and kinda Akatsuki X Izana-ish so I apologize. I also know that I didn't accurately portray Izana's personality as much as I'd like but here you go. A crappy chapter by a crappy lazy author. Thanks so much to who ever still reads comment and like this. I'm so sorry y'all had to wait so long just for this. But look on the bright side. ITS SUMMER!!

SO THAT MEANS CRAZY UPDATE TIME!!!🤪(hopefully)

See y'all in the next chapter

Nyah~