Chapter 5: Escape

Akatsuki woke to a throbbing pain in her head. Her eyes shot open as she remembered what happened. She was in the forests with Shirayuki when she heard a voice and everything went black. Raising up she took a look around her surroundings. She was in a dungeon alone and her hands were tied behind her back with rope. About to call out her sisters name she heard hushed voices and then the sound of glass breaking.

Worry struck her like a sword.

'What's going on!?' She wondered.

"HOT!" A male voice yelled out.

It was the same one Akatsuki heard before everything went black. There was then the sudden smell of something burning.

There was a fire.

"Shirayuki!" Akatsuki yelled out worriedly.

"Akatsuki!"

The sudden sound of quick paced foot steps had Akatsuki's heart pounding.

"Shirayuki where are you?!"

The fact that there was no response scared Akatsuki. There was a fire and the possibility of her twin sister getting caught in that terrified her.

"Shirayuki?"Akatsuki called out once more.

There was a pair of boots that stopped right in front of her 'cage'.

The cold metal bars slowly went up freeing Akatsuki. A hand stretched out and cut the ropes that bind her hands together. Standing in the moon light Akatsuki could now clearly see the face of who she thought to be her sister.

"I really hate to be violent but your friend has left me with no other choice." Said a male voice.

A sharp pain appeared behind her neck as she was basically dragged out of the cell.

Knowing good and well that he wouldn't let her go she still screamed, "Let go of me!"

She was then lifted up from the cold stone floor. His hand wrapped tightly around the nape of her neck as he roughly pushed her in front of him. As they quietly walked Akatsuki low key began to look around for anything that could help her escape, but there was nothing.

They continued to walk in silence until there was the sudden sound of someone breathing heavy. Turning the corner there was a railing and below a wooden door locked up with chains. Pulling on those chain was Shirayuki.

"Found you." The mysterious kidnaper said.

Akatsuki wanted to slap that smug smile off his face. Shirayuki surprised looked up.

"Let her go!" She yelled, seeing as her twin sister was in trouble.

"Aww c'mon red. You know I can't do that, but I promise not to hurt her if you go back to the cell without any resistance." The kidnaper tried to bargain.

He then gripped the older twin tighter and she cried out in pain.

"Shirayuki don't worry about me just run!" Akatsuki yelled as she kicked her leg back.

Taking the kidnaper by surprise she grabbed the hand that was on the nape of her neck and pressed hard on the pressure point in his wrist. She then grabbed his arm and flipped him over the railing. Lucky for him he landed on his feet but then Akatsuki jumped off the railing and landed safely on top of him.

Hoping off the kidnapper she ran in the direction Shirayuki went. Finally catching up to her she realized that they had hit an dead end.

"Seriously?" Akatsuki sighed.