Ch. 5 - Reunion with friends

I was walking through the village next to Sakura. We were planning on going to the gates of the village to wait for Naruto, Jiraiya and the three members of my team.  

I got released out of the hospital today and I was feeling a lot better, but Sakura still said that I wasn't allowed to continue my training for at least another day. At first I wasn't sure what would I do the whole day, but then I found out that Momoka had her first day in the ninja academy today and I decided to go wait for her classes to be over.  

'' I can't believe that you went through all that... '' Sakura thoughtfully murmured.  

I was walking next to her, slightly limping because of the bandages on my right leg. My hands were behind my head and I was staring at the bright blue sky with a grin on my face. '' Yeah, the three years with Takeshi were quite fun. Lots of dangerous missions and training, but also fun times. I've seen places and things I didn't even know existed. ''  

Sakura grinned at me. '' Tsunade-sama agreed to teach you medical ninjutsu. Are you excited? '' 

I nodded and raised my fist in the air. '' I'm going to become the best medical ninja ever! '' 

Sakura just rolled her eyes at my usual over enthusiastic attitude and walked to Izumo and Kotetsu, the two guards at the gates of the village. '' Hey, have you seen Naruto and Jiraiya? ''  

'' Oh, yeah, they came back like half an hour ago! '' Izumo said with a grin.  

Sakura and I stared at Izumo and Kotetsu with disbelief. Did they actually come back half an hour ago and didn't even tell us? I slowly looked at Sakura and noticed how her eye was twitching with anger. Then she already yelled: '' I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! THE STUPID IDIOT IS NEVER GOING TO CHANGE! '' With that she turned around and sprinted down the street.  

I showed a closed eyed smile to the two surprised guards. '' Thank you for the informations. '' Then I quickly rushed after Sakura. '' Hey, wait up! I can't run as fast as you! '' I yelled, limping and trying to catch up with her.  

She of course didn't listen to me, because we just spotted Naruto and Jiraiya. Naruto was currently standing on top of a pole thing, while Jiraiya was on the ground and looking around. '' Sakura! '' I called again, hoping that she was going to stop, but I just tripped, while she reached the pole Naruto was standing on, spun and punched it.  

I watched with wide eyes how her fist flew through the wood and made the huge pole fall, with Naruto still standing on top of it. He looked down with surprise and then quickly jumped of it, landing next to Sakura. '' Oh, hey, Sakura-chan! And you too, Chi-chan! '' he said and waved at me, still laying on the ground where I tripped.  

I grinned back at him and also waved, while Sakura began yelling at him. Then I slowly picked myself up and jogged closer to them.  

Sakura just continued arguing with Naruto, now because he said that she didn't change at all, or something like that.  

I sighed and then looked at Jiraiya that was carefully staring at the two and writing something down in a notebook. '' Hello, Pervy Sage! ''  

He instantly stopped and looked at me. '' Not you too. ''  

I grinned and crossed my arms. '' You gotta admit that this nickname is pretty catchy! ''  

He frowned and then slowly said: '' Maybe... But still stop calling me that! Anyway... How's Takeshi doing? You also came back to the village? '' 

I nodded, still smiling. '' A few days ago we broke in to one of Orochimaru's hideouts and we have to come back, because I needed medical treatment, '' I said and pointed at the bandages on my stomach and leg.