Ch. 22 - A Chiharu plan and a mission with Kakashi

Five days passed since Kakuzu and Hidan died and today I was finally allowed to leave the hospital. They told me that I was supposed to rest in bed for another few days, but of course, me being myself, I didn't do that. The same morning I left the hospital I was already sitting in the ramen shop and eating 10 bowls of it, while waiting for Kiba to come. When he finally did he sat down in front of me, intertwined his fingers and looked at me in a serious way. '' So, if I understand correctly, the situation is pretty serious, '' he started and slowly narrowed his eyes.  

I raised my head from the bowl of ramen in front of me, patted Akamaru's head and then looked at Kiba, nodding. '' That's right. The situation is pretty bad, and I decided that now it's time to do something. ''  

Kiba's brown eyes slightly sparkled and he couldn't even stay serious anymore. '' Are we doing a Chiharu plan? '' he quietly asked, a smirk slowly appearing on his face. He wasn't supposed to talk at loud about 'Chiharu plans', because by now the whole village already knew that they meant nothing but trouble.  

I grinned evilly and nodded. '' Yes we are, my friend. ''  

Since the day Deidara visited me in the hospital I started getting interested in other people's love lives. It wasn't like my relationship was perfect or something like that, but from now on I found it fun to play matchmaker. I already tried it in Suna once and set up Kankuro with a girl... It didn't really turn out very well, but I was hoping for it to be different this time.  

'' Our targets are Hinata and Naruto, right? '' Kiba asked, smiling. He liked to play matchmaker too. Mostly because it could distract him from his over-complicated relationship with Kotori. Even if I heard that she found someone else in Iwa to fangirl over. That was a good thing. I liked Kotori, but not when she was being all obsessive, crazy and talking about how she was going to lock her boyfriend in her basement one day so he wouldn't be able to leave her.  

Ever.  

That actually sounded kind of creepy... And I couldn't believe that they actually promoted creepy stalkers like her to Jonins. I heard that she became one a year ago.  

Why was everyone so much better then team Kurenai?! Okay, we really need to step up our game from now on.  

I nodded. '' Yes. The situation is serious. Hinata-chan is in love with Naruto ever since our academy days and he never even noticed that! It sounds impossible, but it actually isn't! ''  

Kiba leaned back and frowned. '' But what can we do then? If he didn't notice her yet... How are we going to change that? ''  

'' We don't need to make them start dating or something like that... For now our mission is just to make Naruto realise that there's actually someone else that could be his potential girlfriend and replace the fantasies that he has with Sakura, '' I serious said, staring at Kiba.  

Suddenly he looked at me and narrowed his eyes. '' But, in a way... Aren't we getting involved in other people's business? ''  

I just grinned at him and my pink eyes sparkled. '' You know me for years now Kiba... You should know that I love getting involved in things I shouldn't. ''  

He was staring at me for a few seconds, then he just smiled. '' Yeah, you're right. So how are we going to do this? ''  

I looked at him with a grin on my face. '' Didn't you hear me? I told you, we're doing a Chiharu plan. I already have everything set up. ''  

Kiba leaned closer to me and nodded. '' I'm listening. ''  

The truth was that the whole plan wasn't really complicated. I heard that Naruto was just about to leave the village to go on a short training trip with Jiraiya or something like that and Kiba's job was to stop him at the gates of the village, while I was going to bring Hinata there. I haven't really thought about how I was going to do my job, but I decided to worry about it later.