Ch. 6 - A call for help from the desert

Soon, a week passed since I came back in to Konoha. The truth was that it kind of felt like I never even left. Hinata, Kiba and Shino went on another mission the day I was allowed to start training again. I wanted to go with them, but Tsunade didn't allow me too, because I supposedly needed some more time to get better. But she still agreed to start training me with medical ninjutsu. So I was with her for most of the day and later in the evening I was usually doing something with either Momoka or Temari.  

Yesterday Takeshi left the village again. It was a little sad for me to watch him go and not knowing when I was going to see him again. In the three years we spent together I got quite attached to him. I thanked him for training me and he told me that we could continue anytime because I was still pretty weak. Even if that was a little mean, I cared a lot about my sensei and I couldn't help it but to wonder if he was going to be okay without me as his amazingly awesome sidekick.  

That morning I made my way to Tsunade's office. I was in a good mood and feeling excited to learn more about healing. Yesterday I finally managed to learn the Mystical healing palm. It was still a pretty weak compared to Sakura's, but I was determined on making the jutsu stronger.  

I knocked on the door of Tsunade's office and entered without waiting for an answer. I thought that it was just going to be another normal day of getting yelled at by Tsunade, which was a lot like my training with Takeshi. But the second I looked around I noticed that something was terribly wrong.  

Tsunade had a serious look on her face and it seemed like she just finished explaining something to Kakashi, Naruto and Sakura that were also there. Sakura was staring at Tsunade in shock, while Naruto was standing there with his fists, clenched with anger.  

I carefully looked around. '' What's wrong? What happened? Did I miss something? '' 

The second they looked at me I realised that this surely wasn't going to be just another normal day. 

Tsunade looked at me and narrowed her eyes. '' The Kazekage got kidnapped by two members from the criminal organisation Akatsuki. People in Suna need help and that's why I'm sending Kakashi's team there. ''  

My eyes slowly widened with shock. '' Gaara, '' I whispered.  

I almost couldn't believe it. He got kidnapped by two from the Akatsuki? I had no idea what could they want with him, but I knew that he was in danger. And he was my friend, I promised him that I'll never leave him. That's why I did what I had to do.  

I stared at Tsunade, the look on my face suddenly serious. '' I'm going as the third member of the team, '' I calmly said.  

Everyone looked at me with surprise. I wasn't sure if it was because they never seen me so serious or because I was talking like that to the Hokage.  

'' I can't just- '' Tsunade started, but I stopped her by slamming my fist on her desk, instantly making it crack on the sides. 

'' I won't take no as an answer! I don't care what you'll do, I'm going to go help Gaara! I already met some people of the Akatsuki, I heard a lot about them, and that's why I know how they are! They're strong, they kill people easily, but I'm... I'm going to find a way to get Gaara back, '' I yelled, staring at Tsunade with anger.  

She narrowed her eyes at me. '' I heard from Takeshi... So you met the Akatsuki before? You think that you could be of help if I add you as the third member of the team? ''  

'' Yes, I think... I know that I could help, '' I said and crossed my arms. '' I'm going to Suna. You can add me to this mission or not... I really don't care. ''  

Tsunade's eyes slowly travelled to Kakashi that was standing behind me. He just smiled. '' She can come along. If she really did meet the Akatsuki before, then she can help us. I have no problems with her coming along. ''